Getting sick from playing rps?.literally "puking"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like fps but i hate rpgs damn there flockin boring

Yeah I know what you mean - for me to enjoy an rpg it basically has to have an awesome storyline. I hated those games where you'd walk for like 10 seconds then get attacked, kill off your monster, then walk another 10 seconds and get attacked...etc etc etc.

In fact, what was really bad was playing a ff style game (the ranma rpg, in fact) on a snes emulator before I figured out how to frame-limit. That way you'd get attacked every.10 of a second!

Not fps, but to this day I have not finished Kingdom Hearts. After 20 min. or so of playing, the damn shifting camera angles makes me dizzy and I feel like puking. And overall, RPGs tend to be boring with the constant level ups, walk around, level up more. Damn.

I actually read an article about this somewhere... I forget where. It's has a name, too... virtual... something syndrome. It's when your mind sees movement but your body doesn't emulate the proper forces, it causing an effect like motion sickness, IIRC. You can probably take some Dramamine and be just fine.

I used to work in a video game store and heard about this once in a while. I even had a friend who used to get this, but he quickly got over it. I was able to re-invoke it in him recently with a Ut2K4 mod I was playing with that caused the player's view to pitch and roll more often than normal.

Speaking of which.. You said you had problems with Deus Ex, Jedi Outcast and Halo (Single Player). I'm probably just crazy, but I seem to recall those games having a little more of a slower and more deliberate sort of "weaving" rythm to the view rotations. UT2K4 and Duke tend to match "head" movements to mouse movement with less lag. Again, I'm probably just nuts here, but try turning your mouse sensitivity up real high? Or if you feel like experimenting, try turning it down in UT2K4 and turn on "weapon bobbing" or whatever it's called and see what happens. :blink:

I don't experience it myself, but I've always been really curious about this phenomenon, so if anyone has any links or anything, post 'em. <_<

I used to work in a video game store and heard about this once in a while.  I even had a friend who used to get this, but he quickly got over it.  I was able to re-invoke it in him recently with a Ut2K4 mod I was playing with that caused the player's view to pitch and roll more often than normal.

Speaking of which..  You said you had problems with Deus Ex, Jedi Outcast and Halo (Single Player).  I'm probably just crazy, but I seem to recall those games having a little more of a slower and more deliberate sort of "weaving" rythm to the view rotations.  UT2K4 and Duke tend to match "head" movements to mouse movement with less lag.  Again, I'm probably just nuts here, but try turning your mouse sensitivity up real high?  Or if you feel like experimenting, try turning it down in UT2K4 and turn on "weapon bobbing" or whatever it's called and see what happens.  :angry:

I don't experience it myself, but I've always been really curious about this phenomenon, so if anyone has any links or anything, post 'em.  :blink:

hahah thanks daeval..ill try d0oing that on ut2k4..

i think you said this but.. yea the weapons do tend to bob more in jedi outcast and in deus ex.. i think thats why i tend to feel queesy.. <_<