What got ya into Computers?

Diso

Been playing with PC's since the early 80's I think were pre 286(not C64) and were only dos think they had EGA monitors the IBM and Apple computers.

Used to go the a computer shop and play the games on the way home from school.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember upgrading to Windows 95 from Window 3.1 using the 13 disk set, it was so magical. It's like a whole new world opened up. Now that I look back on it, Windows 95 blew huge chunks. :P

I remember upgrading to Windows 95 from Window 3.1 using the 13 disk set, it was so magical. It's like a whole new world opened up. Now that I look back on it, Windows 95 blew huge chunks.  :P

Yea it did. 98 was a good OS and I still use it now :D

I got into computers when i was in fourth grade and i caught a boy playng Pacman on the computerin the school comp lab. From then on i have been a pc gamer :P

Edited by shotodaad

I got a Commodore 128 when I was six. Took me a while to learn all the quirks of GUI and various commands, but it was well damn worth it. It had a tape drive too.

When I was 4 or 5 or so we used to have a Kaypro I would play Sesame Street Learning Safari and Spiderman Graphical Adventure (a text based game that would slowly draw scenes of the screen to accompany the text). But I didnt really get interested in computers until I was 6 when my dad showed me a little Basic because I was up early and he wanted me out of his hair. From there, I taught myself all sorts of different languages and eventually started prying into hardware, and was totally hooked.

my uncle started teaching me about computers when i was 13 and i started using my computer 24/7

I was hooked onto SNES for a while until my friend showed me Warcraft. Then I bought Starcraft after we got our 98 and got hooked ever since. What really sucked was that my first computer was a mac.

i first got my computer when i was in 6th grade??.. bought an awesome Compaq Presario.. pentium 1, 5gb, i dont know how many ghz.. and the cdrom and floppy drive..

a son of my moms friend brought over some dos games.. like some jungle side scroller, duke nukem, commander keen, than got into duke nukem 3d and the c&c series..

i had that computer till like 10th grade.. and than finally bought an ok computer than iam using right now.. :)