Serious Help Needed!

BIGWORM

I tried to have UnleashX as my default dashboard. See what I did was (without knowing of course) I deleted my current xbox's dashboard's.xbe, that being EvoX...I did backup the xbe and ini though...now I know I shouldn't have done that...I reboot, and only the MS dash is coming up...how can I fix this? Is there a way I can at least be able to FTP back to the xbox? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Make yourself an EvoX Disc (that has all the basic EvoX stuff on it in root) and it should boot to the Disc first before the dashboard. Once you're there, you should have FTP access again. Make sure you change the IP in the ini file of EvoX before burning.

I've tried many a times trying to boot that disc on there. XS tutorials said all I need were the EvoX's.xbe and.ini files...I've burned them into xiso format, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? (using cdrw media btw, which I know works) ;)

ok, I've FINALLY gotten over that hurdle...I LITERALLY took the xbox apart, hooked up the hdd, and started trying to unlock it...when all I needed to do was rename the.xbe...OMG@_@. BUT, I got a new problem. I'm in the evox dashboard now, but the settings window won't let me save the changes, and my comp isn't picking up the xbox now. What's going on with that?

Is that evoxdash launched from the cdrw?

The cdrw bootdisc is actually hit and miss typically, sometimes it will boot and sometimes it won't (usually works within 2-3 boots). It might have actually booted this time, in which case your only option is to make do with the settings that you had in the evox.ini you burned on there, hopefully allowing you to get into the xbox in some way.

burn a new disk with boxsplorer in the apps folder of evox

then use boxsplorer to get into the HDD and move or rename any files you need to. I always keep an disk set up like that for emergencies.

okie, found a solution. I just xiso another cdrw with my backup.ini that had my in use IP, burned, and it loaded fine with those settings. It's suprisingly not a hit or miss, when I opened my drive I discovered it was a Phillips drive, + I use Memorex cdrw and reads everytime...guess I got a good haXbox. Thanks to everyone here who helped out...I appreciate it.