Whats the best emulator for nba jam?

Ok thanks for the info. By the way is the arcade version in mame way better in graphics and sound as compared to the supernintendo.Also which version would you recommend me getting: nba jam rev 2.00, nba jam rev 3.01, or any version of the nba jam te.

Games with higher revision numbers are usually better. As for the graphics, the arcade *always* looks better than the SNES counterpart.

Go with NBA Jam TE, but it doesn't really matter if it's that or the original one. It's a matter of taste anyway.

Edited by Agozer

revision 2 of NBA Jam TE allows you to smash the back glass and use secret Midway characters such as Sub Zero and Raiden. The newest version (4) has these features removed as NBA didn't want them.

So if you want Tournament Edition, go with revision 2.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

If you don't know much about NBA Jam, there are 4 versions that you might want to download.

1. NBA Jam - The original

2. NBA Jam Tournament Edition - The slightly improved version of the original

3. NBA Hangtime - A brand new sequel to NBA Jam that came 3 years later. Most people would say it is better than NBA Jam with all the new features and improvements, but in my professional opinion - it's not. But still well worth having

4. NBA Maximum Hangtime - A reworked version of NBA Hangtime. Not very different to the third game. It's basically NBA Hangtime - tournament Edition

There were also 2 3D sequels, but these are not emulated yet.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• 2 weeks later...

No, I didnt forget NBA extreme as it is not emulated and 3D. I'm advising him which NBA Jam to play in Mame.