King of fighters 2003 sucks?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there will be a KOF 2005 and so on? Oh will Capcom be collaborating with SNK again? The style of play from the Capcom vs SNK series and SVCChaos is some what different, why is that?

I'll see if I can answer these right...

There will probably be a KOF2K4, etc, but it now depends on the people that have contorl of the license: SNK/Playmore. I think Sammy Studios (which is now basically Sega) has some kind of rights to it all too, can someone clarify this mess?

I want to say I heard a rumor about SVC2, but don't quote me on that. Capcom is currently collaborating (at least, last I heard) with Sammy Studios for a Capcom Vs. Sammy game. If this turns out well, and if the SNK/Playmore properties ARE actually tied to Sammy somehow, we'll probably see some more crossover stuff in the future.

And SVC Chaos played differently because it was handled by "the other side." Capcom handled CvS 1 and 2, so those play a little more like capcom games (I'd say). SVC was handled by the SNK/Playmore side, which is why SNK is before Capcom in the name, and they took it in their own direction.

How'd I do?

Thanks Daeval and Agozer. The cross-over style explanation makes more sense now - thanks Daeval. Capcom and Sammy sounds interesting, I really like the characters and music from the guilty gear series. I think Sammy can put up a good fight with Capcom lol. Do you think Konami or Squaresoft | Square Enix might pick a fight with Capcom? (I don't think Square has made any arcade games have they? oh what the heck).

Do you think Konami or Squaresoft | Square Enix might pick a fight with Capcom? (I don't think Square has made any arcade games have they? oh what the heck).

Martial Champions = Konami arcade fighting game from a long ass time.

Ehrgeiz = Squaresoft arcade fighting title (in 3D) which also includes Cloud, Sephiroth and Tifa in the game

There will probably be a KOF2K4, etc, but it now depends on the people that have contorl of the license: SNK/Playmore.  I think Sammy Studios (which is now basically Sega) has some kind of rights to it all too, can someone clarify this mess?

Actually, Sammy is moving all it's arcade divisions to Sega's arcade divisions, so there could be changes within the systems since most devs prefer naomi over Atomiswave even though it's cheaper to make games on the AW.

And KOF might end at 2007 from an interview I read a while back. Once kof 2k7 is out, they'll see if the series is still good material.