King of fighters 2003 sucks?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol dude whoever u are starting a topic like this saying 2k3 sucks... u need to explore the game more.. and u think too less:)

Haha, thanks for the humor pyro. ;) Unfortunately iv been a king of fighters fan for about 8 years now and i have explored the game to most of its full capacity.As i said before i like the new improvements,characters,hell the tag system kicks ass, but i just cant seem to compare it better than to some old classics like kof97 or kof98.Those were the real king of fighter games.They had everything in them.

Next time pay attention to what i say and stop insulting my intelligence because i do have the right to say that it kinda of sucks, even though some people just cant live with that fact. :lol:

P.S:Unless your not from a democractic

country like me.

USA all the way!

Do not flame other users Please !!

Read my edit. :)

Possibly for storyline's sake, cuz as of right now, KOF and Garou totally contradict each other.

This game's possibly worst point is the tighter controls.

I'm ok with the controls. I mean, I can execute most of the move.

Except for Duolon 236+P, 6+K, 214+P.

They should have made the last move motion half circle back instead of quarter circle back.

What do the numbers mean?

- Noob :lol:

Possibly for storyline's sake, cuz as of right now, KOF and Garou totally contradict each other.

They should have made the last move motion half circle back instead of quarter circle back.

It's the movement of the joystick.

It is corresponding to the numpad on your keyboard.

For example, quarter circle forward means 236.

I normally use qcf but i was influenced by K'Dash ;)

Y'know, I've got to agree a little bit here. After liking 2K2 so much, I was kinda dissapointed with 2K3.

The new character designs are rather lame, imo, the only decent one being Choi's "replacement," Malin. Shen would be ok if his moveset wasn't so boring, but Ash and Duo Lon just do nothing for me. Ash is too.. umm.. ambiguous? And Duo is just too typically "dark and creepy" for me to accept him in the KOF pantheon. If he could draw blood, he'd belong in a Mortal Kombat game, but he looks silly here.

The music is some of the worst in the series, and the sound effects seem lacking in depth (I think this is what phantom was reffering to earlier about paper bags and cotton bats). The tighter controls don't bother me so much, but they certainly don't make anything better.

To top it all off, they went and screwed with my favorite character for no good reason. ;) They messed up Billy's sprite (which was at its prime in 2K2), screwed with some of his moves (the HCF P to QCF P no-combo thing bothers me most, but at least his f,d,df K is a little faster now) and replaced his classic default color with some kind of Evil Ronald McDonald scheme... :lol:

All in all, it isn't BAD, but it's a poor follow up to 2K2, in my opinion, in which I didn't catch any of these flaws. Granted, they didn't have to come up with any new characters, but it just felt more solid all around. Oh well, I play 2K3 anyway. :)

I normally use qcf but i was influenced by K'Dash ;)

I still use qcf, hcf and all those. All those numbers are for elitists.

Edited by Agozer

- Noob ;)

I normally use qcf but i was influenced by K'Dash :lol:

I still use qcf, hcf and all those. All those numbers are for elitists.

After reading a bunch of GGXX faqs, I finally adopted the number system. Much easier now since I just press 236 insted of writing qcf. You get used to is, eventually.

To top it all off, they went and screwed with my favorite character for no good reason.  :)  They messed up Billy's sprite (which was at its prime in 2K2), screwed with some of his moves (the HCF P to QCF P no-combo thing bothers me most, but at least his f,d,df K is a little faster now) and replaced his classic default color with some kind of Evil Ronald McDonald scheme...  :lol:

Play the old FF games. This is his older color scheme. Yamazaki is also in his classic FF style too.

Edited by K`dash

After reading a bunch of GGXX faqs, I finally adopted the number system. Much easier now since I just press 236 insted of writing qcf. You get used to is, eventually.

But see, you're reading a bunch of GGXX FAQs...Read KOF FAQs (Megura's especially) and you don't see numbers. :lol:

But see, you're reading a bunch of GGXX FAQs...Read KOF FAQs (Megura's especially) and you don't see numbers. <_<

But he use numbers for his very last faqs, KOF2K3, I think :lol:

A really great faq writer. He litterally wrote almost all the KOF's faq, SF series, and a lot others.

But see, you're reading a bunch of GGXX FAQs...Read KOF FAQs (Megura's especially) and you don't see numbers. <_>

But he use numbers for his very last faqs, KOF2K3, I think :lol:

A really great faq writer. He litterally wrote almost all the KOF's faq, SF series, and a lot others.

He didn't use numbers in the KOF2003 FAQ. But yeah, it's a damn shame he had to go...he even bothered to help me with my SFEX2 Plus FAQ.

Edited by Agozer

To top it all off, they went and screwed with my favorite character for no good reason.  :lol:  They messed up Billy's sprite (which was at its prime in 2K2), screwed with some of his moves (the HCF P to QCF P no-combo thing bothers me most, but at least his f,d,df K is a little faster now) and replaced his classic default color with some kind of Evil Ronald McDonald scheme...  <_<

Play the old FF games. This is his older color scheme. Yamazaki is also in his classic FF style too.

In which FF game(s) does he default to black and yellow? So far as I know, he's in blue jeans/overalls in FF1-3, the blue and red union jack shirt in Special, and the blue and white jacket in the Real Bout games.

EDIT: I've been told the black/yellow is an alternate color in the oddity Wild Ambition. Though that's no excuse for replacing his trademark duds.

Edited by Daeval