Tekken Tag Tournament

I noticed a tekken tag tournament rom in some website and i was wondering if it works in mame. Or what version does it run in. I would also like to know if it runs perfectly on it or are their some glitches that occur during the game.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tekken Tag Tournament isn't playable. Well, it might be but it's slow as hell. The last time I heard, I had some texture bugs too.

Edited by Agozer

Unless you have a really fast PC I would not bother with it on Mame, Zinc will be the best option.

Excpet that Tag doesn't run in ZiNc either...maybe it will in the Final release, who knows.

wait... is tag tournament based off the old (psx based) Namco System 12 board or the (PS2 based) System 246 board? Last time i heard nobody had emulated system 246... :P - that might explain the problem.

edit: makes sense now.

Edited by darkmage479

Tekken Tag is System 12 (like Tekken 3). Tekken 4 is System 246 (Like Soul Calibur II).

There are dev screenshots of MAME and ZiNc running Tekken Tag, albeit rather poorly.

Edited by Agozer

actually, the ps2 is actually a lot more superior than the system 246. Actually, I've seen that all system 12 games look better on their psx ports than they do on the arcade (except for the racing games, I can tell they remove a lot of frames on those)