A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Ghosty

Man Boredom Can Really Kill,...

Ok I Made This Topic Because No One Else Has I The Story Line Might Actrully Be Good And Jim Carrey(Bald!) In It. Alright This Move It Is Called "A Series Of Unfortunate Events:The Bad Beginning; The Reptile Room; The Wide Window" And is Based Off The Books By Lemony Snicket(His Parents must Of Hated Him). There Is Currently 11 Books Of This Series And I've Read The 1-4 And Is About 1/5 Done With The 5th One. The Ones I've Rad Is Pretty Good And Wierd, But Good. And In This Movie Jim Carrey Is The Bald Bad Guy Named;Count Olaf, (Like In The Interview He Was On Conan For The movie). Plus Meryl Streep Will Be In It As A Crazy Lady That Is Scared Of Litterally Everything In Her Home In "The Wide Window" Movie.

Well Seems Like I've Siad To Much Now Here Are The Links:

Book Site(With A Great Home Page)

Movie(With Trailer)

Well Yeah, L8rs :P

Edited by 666Ghost

I never bothered to read these books. People kept talking about it and they kept ruining the damn ending. So I just go over and listen to them If I want to know how these damn books end.

• 4 months later...

Well, Cuz The Movie Is Near The Theater Release Date, Anyone Gonna Get A Copy Of It Or See It In Home Theaters? And Me The Cheap Guys Is Gonna Watchit It On In my Home Theater(Computer)

what is it about anyway?? i've never read the book, is it good or would it be boring like a book??

Actrully I Thought The Books Were Going To Be Boreing But I Was Pretty Wrong, I'm On The Fith Book BTW, And The Books Are Only Like 200 Pages.

PLOT: The Baudelaire's Parents Have Been Killed In A House Fire, And Have Left A HUGE Fortune To Their Daughter, Violet, Who Is Also The Oldest. The Problem Is That They CANT Use Or Touch The Fortune Until Violet Reaches 18, So They Entrusted A Banker Who ALWAYS Has A Cough Named Mr. Poe To Make Sure That That Happens.

The First Reletive They Live With Is A Name Named Count Olaf, A Greedy Man Who Want Their Money. And Hes The Villan In The Story And Thoughout The Books He Finds Ways To Get A Hold Of The Forutne. Plus, Throughout The Story There is A "Series Of Unfortunate Events"(Hence The Title) That Plague Apon The Kids.

--------------------------------------

Ya Thats The Plot

It has Jim Carey and Meryl Streep... Ugh..

Carey I don't mind, except that he never plays a character, just "Jim Carey" in a different outfit (The Grinch, The Riddler, The Mask, the one with the god-powers, at least the previews for this movie). Except in the Truman Show. That's the only thing I've seen him in where he actually played a character.

Meryl Streep just bothers me. I'm not entirely sure why. She looks like she's made of plastic and she always plays characters I would want to murder in real life. Not because they're bad or evil or anything, just because they're annoying as hell.

If it weren't for those two, I think I'd be rather interested in this. I may read one of the books or something just to check it out. Seems very "ride the Potter wave" to me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Kids need literature that's a little smarter these days.

Edited by Daeval

so this is the first four books? I guess they probably will leave it open to sequels. I don't really intend to read the books but I'd like to see a good magical movie series. The previews make it look like some bizzare Big Fish-esque movie for kids, which sounds good o me.

Ghost reads?! That's shocking. But I might go see this...probably not. Only if I get in for free. The only movie I'm looking forward to is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

The Life Aquatic looks like good stuff.

And I can't really begin to imagine Big Fish for kids. That movie was freakin' awesome, and on so many levels. It reminded me of something Neil Gaiman (Sandman, American Gods, Stardust, American script for Mononoke) would write.