What Game to Get?

Hi guys I need your opinion again. Everyone knows that blockbuster sells pre-previewed movies and games cheap. On my way of dropping my sister to a music camp I saw that max payne 2, l.a. true crimes, jak 2, and enter the matrix were on the bin. Now I go and get my sister 2 days later. My cousin already agreed to take me back when we get her. So the real question is which games to get. I heard that max payne 2, l.a. true crimes, and enter the matrix are poor in translation for the ps2. Plus, I was going to get GTA vice city/3 bundle. Should I wait to get that or do those three games forementioned are entertaining as well. (Note: I know I'm getting the Jak 2. I heard too much good things about it. Also since I stop buying Nintendo products. I need a mario-like fix.) Hope to hear your opinions. You guys haven't dissapointed me yet.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's your call really. But True Crime is really good, but short. I wouldn't call it a poor transition to the PS2. Since it was out first on PS2 a month before it came out on all the other consoles, and a few more months later on PC. GTA3/Vice City is a good deal.

Definitely NO to Enter the Matrix and since you are getting the GTA/Vice City bundle, there is no need to get L.A. True Crimes.

Have you played Max Payne 2 for the PC? If so, then there is no need to get it for PS2. Not much replayability and even less on a console port (no mods, machinema, etc.)

The only one out of those I recommend is Max Payne 2. And since you're already getting Jak, there's no need to recommend it. :rolleyes:

I would save the money for something in the future. But if you are just itching to spend that money, go for Max Payne 2. Are these the $9.99 or the $14.99 games? Or are those prices just for the movies?

i don't see why max payne 2 was so unpopular. I have it - albeit for the PC - and it's an awesome game. The graphics are amazing, yet designed so there's no slowdown on the less powerful gfx cards (I'm assuming as I can play it full speed with full gfx). The gameplay is...pretty much exactly like Max Payne 1, but seeing as that was a good game too that isn't a bad thing.

Max Payne 2, while very good in it's presentation, it was very poor on replayablity. Not to mention, it's only 5 to 8 hours long. I finished the game in one sitting after installing it on the normal difficulty.

Max Payne 2, while very good in it's presentation, it was very poor on replayablity. Not to mention, it's only 5 to 8 hours long. I finished the game in one sitting after installing it on the normal difficulty.

That's true actually, it was pretty short. And I haven't been tempted to play it again after finishing it either.

After I beat it I played the Time Trial for a couple of minutes and got bored. I promptly uninstalled it.  :rolleyes:

If there is a decent mod to come out, I'll reinstall it.

It's great that you guyz like it and everything but there is just 1 problem and thats that HE'S NOT BUYING IT FOR THE DAMN COMPTER! So yeah, even though IT'S GREAT FOR THE DAMN COMPUTER! IT'S NOT GREAT FOR THE CONSOLE! I have this game on the xbox and it blows, the aiming is horrible and flock and especially when jumping. The graphics are good and what not but the game does kinda sux unless you have a keyboard and mouse, ya heard?!

After I beat it I played the Time Trial for a couple of minutes and got bored. I promptly uninstalled it.  :P

It's great that you guyz like it and everything but there is just 1 problem and thats that HE'S NOT BUYING IT FOR THE DAMN COMPTER! So yeah, even though IT'S GREAT FOR THE DAMN COMPUTER! IT'S NOT GREAT FOR THE CONSOLE! I have this game on the xbox and it blows, the aiming is horrible and flock and especially when jumping. The graphics are good and what not but the game does kinda sux unless you have a keyboard and mouse, ya heard?!

That makes sense - oh sorry, should I have said THAT MAKES SENSE!!? :rolleyes:

After I beat it I played the Time Trial for a couple of minutes and got bored. I promptly uninstalled it.  :P

Hmm...yeah, you're right. :rolleyes:

If you are into fighting games I would suggest VF 4 EVO, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken Tag if those games are availble. As far as non fighting go's get up on some final fantasy or kingdom hearts if you don't already own them. Oh yea Jet Li Rise To Honor was a pretty cool game.