get xbox ?/

Jjangthekid

specs is one thing but still won't make a big difference as for what each system has. oof bat, ps2 has plenty of games to play and more to still to come only on ps2 (metal gear 3, grand theft auto : san andreas, gran turismo 4, and so on)

xbox i have games for but to tell you the truth, i play emus more then xbox games and the main reason to that is cuz most of xbox's games just don't really appeal to me or they already on ps2. i should also mention that xbox becomes a very nice entertainment unit once hacked cuz of one main app, XBox Media Center B)

so to a point, i'll tell you what i tell all guys/gals at efnet when they ask "which is better, ps2 or xbox?"

ps2 has the games, xbox has the mods

Xbox is a console/PC modders dream imo. It's Emulation without the emulation (as in a PC homecenter without actually using Windows XP Media and spending around 1000 bucks for buying PC parts and more for modding a case so it blends well...sorta :P)

woiw.. i didn't know you could mod xbox so that you could play emulated games..

crazy..

see what i learn from 1emu everydaY??/ haha  :P

Wait...you've been here since November last year and you've just found out?

Ill give you the reply that I give customers. Gamecube is a good system for children ages 3 to 11. PS2 is good for 12-18 primarily. Xbox is made for the adult audience. I dont think this is the way they tried to market their consoles save for xbox but thats just how it is. Gamecube you wont enjoy unless you feel like dropping over 500 dollars on 4 gba sp's and link cables to use it to its full potential. PS2 you gotta buy memory cards which are 24.99 and xbox you gotta buy a dvd playback kit if you wanna be able to watch dvds which run for about 29.99. But with xbox you get custom soundtracks and built in ethernet adapter for easy access to the net whether it be for xbox live or for modded reasons like the rest of us. Xbox is the way to go in my opinion tho. <_<

ummm, Im no ps2 fan due to its crud gfx, but this must be clarified

CPU speed:

xbox - 733 MHz

ps2 - 294.912 MHz

ps2 uses a 128bit RISC cpu, so maybe you can multiply this 300 number by 4 to get roughly 1+ GHZ to compare to Intel 32 bit cpu

xbox uses a simple Intel 32 bit cpu

so in fact look this

xbox - 733 MHz

ps2 - over 1 GHz

ps2 cpu looks better now , however this does not save the machine in my opinion because its never been speed which makes games looks better, its the gfx system

peace

You are also correct, and there are many factors which influence a system or a games success or failure. Its just a personal thing for me, I like it looking pretty.

Also true I held onto my C= 64 and then the C= Amiga for years after PC was selling.. since I felt it looked better GFX (Amiga multitasking was also much better and C=64 sound also was far better) however in the end the protected mode of the X86 processor has to win hands down once the thing was fast and cheap enuff also good sound and gfx cards was cheap and widespread.

Try to run a pc game with a crud gfx card.. they dont work too well

Games arnt all about gfx, but it seems like systems manufacturers and games developers keeps making better and better gfx....since about the time it all began...