kof2003 transpericies for nebula

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok to get back on Track I doubt there is any transpancies fix for nebula

I could send you my copy of FBA that plays kof2003 with transpancies.I think it is the best option for now.

Gahhh...that's not what I meant. 

What I meant by an SNKP fix was that SNK originally released kof2003 without transparencies and somewhere in the production cycle added them into the game (making it v1.1), thereby creating two distinct releases. 

if you failed to notice, with emulation you can "custom tailor" ROMsets to work on an emulator. im not even following these 1.0/1.1 blah, blah sets since quite frankly, none of them are tentative.

P.S.For God's sake..."If you failed to notice..."...Don't insult my intelligence or patronize me. <_<

i dont intend to insult your intelligence but let alone getting your games play gets rather complicated that it can tend you to overlook feeble stuff.

This is not the point of the exercise.  Seeing as how the transparency fixes available on the web are romfixes and not emulator patches, it is not the emulator's fault that the transparencies are not visible. Therefore either they were lost in the dumping process (highly unlikely) or that the original board - an official release at some point - lacked them.

it IS the emulators fault why transparencies are not visible. emulators arent perfect and you know it. within reason, they just arent programmed by default to even support these newer games that require different handling (the real sets DO NOT even have an s1 ROM to begin with - the s1 holds the transparencies if im not wrong).

KOF2003 uses a new custom BIOS (seems to handle the intro sprite zooming) and new way of fetching s1 from the C ROMs. since ROMs and drivers for these arent out on the net, theres just no way you can make an emulator support it as equally as the older games. and this is just from an open-sourced emulators perspective like FBA and MAME. for Nebula, Kawaks and NRX that would mean no chances in hell unless you hack them. the only solution left for us would be ROMfixes.

just look at it this way, the official sets never lost the transparencies and the bootlegs dont. others said there are bootlegs that has transparencies, but information regarding these sets are rather foggy.

what i'm surprised at is that it errors so perfectly - the life bars look great, just not transparent. You would expect at least some sprite misplacements or color errors or something.

What amuses me is that pyro still hasn't found a link for the fix itself... <_<

what i'm surprised at is that it errors so perfectly - the life bars look great, just not transparent.  You would expect at least some sprite misplacements or color errors or something.

What amuses me is that pyro still hasn't found a link for the fix itself... :)

well you can blame it on the bootleggers. im sure they can fix it, but didnt seem to bother (makes sense actually :P). and i dont think this has only happened once. and btw, about specific visual errors, theyre not impossible at all.

also, if pyro needs an s1 that has transparencies for nebula (sorry, cant be arsed to read back pages), hate to break to you but it seems theres none. i just tried a 512kb s1 + the "decrypted" Ps with Nebula 2.24 earlier. it loaded fine but the transparencies didnt display plus some tiles are missing. i just remembered that theyre only useful for open-sourced emus (since those provide ways of letting the s1 load properly). better look for a.bld transparency instead :)