kof2003 transpericies for nebula

dude... the transpericies in the life bar are there.. dont have an arcade near ur place which has kof2k3.. i have 2 that i got o almost every weekend.. and in both the arcades the life bars have the transpericies.. thats why the rom is bootleg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol now it has been.. before for kawaks dev and mame it hadnt

What are you on about ?

all the newer (99+) neogeo games the S data is in the C roms and has nothing to do with Mame Kawaks or any other emulator.

Edited by James

I'll trust your info, James, but i swear i saw written down that the neogeo hardware itself cannot support transparencies AT ALL. that's why samurai shodown IV, for example, makes its life bars "transparent" by flickering them on alternate frames.

James, a link to an official spec sheet or something of that nature would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by darkmage479

I'll trust your info, James, but i swear i saw written down that the neogeo hardware itself cannot support transparencies AT ALL.  that's why samurai shodown IV, for example, makes its life bars "transparent" by flickering them on alternate frames.

I can confirm this, but that doesn't mean SNKP couldn't have found a way to modify the Neo-Geo hardware so that it supports transparencies (and so that the basic functionality stays the same...but I'm just guessing here.)

Edited by Agozer

I'll trust your info, James, but i swear i saw written down that the neogeo hardware itself cannot support transparencies AT ALL.  that's why samurai shodown IV, for example, makes its life bars "transparent" by flickering them on alternate frames. 

James, a link to an official spec sheet or something of that nature would be greatly appreciated.

I trust the info from N3oGhost since he own the hardware and that Pic I posted is not fake

I am not sure how it is done but i know that transparencies are there because I extracted the data from the C roms thats is why my crc is not the same as the ones posted around the net.

Edited by James

but if you check the website link i posted earlier it states that "the transparencies were not in the original dump." Does that mean they are in the MVS but not AES, or some MVS versions have them and some don't, or what?? James, i believe you when you say the transparencies are real, but i'm still confused.

Depending on the dump from the rom chips. That means, when it was FIRST dumped, i.e. the original bootleg that was hored, did NOT have the transpancies.

so does that mean there are two versions of kof2k3? like a 1.0 and a 1.1 which has transparencies added?