Playstation 3 to be shown off in May...

Alpha

I'm still waiting for the announcment for it's dual capatabilities for making toast and waffles.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want my PS3 to be a game console/George Foreman grill combo. If its not, I will be boycotting it.

Man, that would be so awesome. No man should be without the George Forman grill. <_>

i'll just wait for the other 2 to be released, i'm not paying so much money for the jaggy station anymore, ps3 is suppossed to have a new technology in it with hdd and NA included so i guess the price is going to be arround 400$ to 500$

i'll just wait for the other 2 to be released, i'm not paying so much money for the jaggy station anymore, ps3 is suppossed to have a new technology in it with hdd and NA included so i guess the price is going to be arround 400$ to 500$

Xbox has that but they still managed to keep the price around $300, rite?

If XBox can do it, there is no reason for Sony not to do it.<_<

so the ps3 will have a hard drive as well? that's good. I personally think xbox won the last round purely because of the hard drive. Hopefully sony has learned from their mistakes in other areas as well.

Is it safe to assume it'll be compatible with ps1 and ps2 discs? I hope so.

I agree it'll be overpriced until there is competition. I will definately wait until all three are out. I'll want to see a side by side by side comparision before I buy a console.

Thats going to be a hurdle to correct. Because of the Xbox's HDD, it also had other means other then game saves and emulation.

Most likely. Sony wants to control our media before it moves on to the PCs! DEVELOPING CPUS FOR HOME PCS! OMG! MAKE IT STOP ;_;...

I mean...Their turing into a monoply.

Do you even know what a monopoly is? It's when a company buys out it's competition. Is Sony buying out it's competition?

And if Sony does intend on going on to PCs, I wouldn't mind, as long as they produce quality products.

Most likely. Sony wants to control our media before it moves on to the PCs! DEVELOPING CPUS FOR HOME PCS! OMG! MAKE IT STOP ;_;...

I mean...Their turing into a monoply.

Do you even know what a monopoly is? It's when a company buys out it's competition. Is Sony buying out it's competition?

And if Sony does intend on going on to PCs, I wouldn't mind, as long as they produce quality products.

Not exactly. It's more like when a company has a stranglehold over their market - this can include buying out the competition OR for example doing what M$ is doing to attempt to ensure they have dominance over their market (in terms of the OS end, etc...) - for example ensuring that you need internet explorer to do a windows update (I was going to uninstall it after I got firefox but I can't now).

Read this if you'd like http://www.albion.com/microsoft/

It details the courtcase m$ recently lost because of their monopoly and the actions they take to ensure this monopoly. You will see that while there were a lot of charges, the charges didn't include buying out the competition.

A monopoly is just when a company dominates a market completely. There are few true monopolies, but there are many near monopolies like Microsoft. There is competition but VERY little.

Sony has a near monopoly on consoles, Nintendo has a near monopoly on handhelds, and Microsoft has a near monopoly on the OS market.

The next round of console wars is going to be exciting because unlike this generation, other consoles actually have a chance.

Nintendo with their "revolution" is claiming to create something new and exciting, if it turns out to be as great as they say it could be the must get system of the next generation. Virtual reality, or something like it could generate a lot of sales for Nintendo if they can make it affordable.

Sony has the PS3 which is claimed to be extremely powerful, though remember what they said about the PS2. PS3 already has a massive lineup from previous consoles and a massive following that will buy a PS3 no matter what.

Microsoft has one of the greatest benefits of all by being the first console to be released. If they make a really powerful system cheap, which they can if they take loses, it will be simply irresistible to buy. Who wants to wait a year or so for a next gen console when they could get it soon, and cheap?

The PS3 still has an edge by it's following alone. But with the release of the next XBox, that could lead to loss of costumers who would rather keep their next XBox than buy another console which may be hardly more powerful, and be more expensive. The next Gamecube will then compete with the PS3 at about the same time, and if the next Gamecube is something very unique and cheap people may just buy it instead of the PS3 cutting into PS3 sales.

Even after all that, the PS3 will probably sell pretty well. So overall it's anyones game.