I, Robot

Alpha

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to get the straight truth from an Asimov fan:

The movie I, Robot shares VERY LITTLE with the book of the same name. Asimov's book was actually a collection of nine short stories based around the fictional U.S. Robots corporation. The Three Laws of Robotics are central to all of the stories' plots (taken from the first page of my old paperback copy of I, Robot):

1. A robot may not harm a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human

being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by humans unless such orders conflict

with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as the robot's actions would not

conflict with the First or Second Laws.

The stories in the book are about the people more than the robots. Robots never cause any harm and are in many ways actually better than the humans around them. The movie, again, has basically only the name and some of the characters in the movie.

However, that does not make it bad. If you go to the movie knowing that it's not an adaptation of the book you will be quite pleased. Go read the book too. It's a classic :lol:

That laws were metioned in an earlier post. So anyone got the ebooks? I really want to read those before seeing this movie, weather they have anything to do with it or not.

K'dash, don't hate me for posting the laws when someone else had already done so. They are essential to the story and I had to post them properly (even the wording is important). As for the eBook, i can't help you there. Try that stone-age place called a public library..... :lol:

heheheheh..... same rule applies for what i say around here.

I also thought this movie resembled The Second Renaissance from The Animatrix.

Yeah, from the tiny bits I've seen, it does...and that can't be all bad, can it?

I also thought this movie resembled The Second Renaissance from The Animatrix.

Same here, one robot kills a human and the rest follow or something like that.