I, Robot

Alpha

I just came back from the movies and "I, Robot" was a great movie. The CGI effects were amazing and it was like a mystery book, always solving puzzles. It was really good and I recommend everyone to see it. One of my favorite scenes was in the car scene when the two trucks of robots baracading him (highlight and copy into notepad to see the spoiler).

So has anyone seen the movie yet?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That spoiler you're talking about was actually showed as a never before seen clip on tv one day before the movie came out. Pretty cool scene.

The movie looks pretty good and I might go and see it.

I think it was based on a science fiction novel written by Isaac Asimov.

I know that, but what's it about? (I've never read anything that Isaac Asimov has written)

To make a long story short without too much spoilers.

In the year 2035 robots are mass produced and nearly everywhere. people have grown accustomed to having them around. Robots were programmed with 3 laws.

1. a robot cannot harm a human

2. a robot cannot let any harm to come to a human

3. a robot must preserve itself, as long as it doesnot conflict with rule 1 or 2

theres more to it, but thats the basics of it.

detective spooner (will smith) does not like robots at all. when a death appears at the robotcs facility, and looks like a robot did it, he goes to investigate.

And lots happen.

When I first saw the preview for this movie, I thought it was a prequel to The Matrix. And I hate all of The Matrix films. I have no plans on seeing this as I really don't care for any of Will Smith's films.

Just to clarify, the movie has almost nothing to do with I, Robot the novel or any of the Robot series. Just the laws of robotics, which have been used in tons of movies and shows now.

The book was about one robot created without the rules and his quest to understand his place in the world. It had more in common with Bicentennial Man than this movie. Also, the book didn't quite have this much action :lol: