Poll Discontinued.

Since the poll was ending up into a flame war and we noticed that Team Cassini was pulling votes from Direct Connect by mass messaging everyone to Vote YES and ignoring us while we were telling them to stop, the poll has been deleted. It was not my decision, it was Magnis's decision who is the Co-Owner. The mass message was sent to over a 100 people in Direct Connect, therefore the poll would have not been precise at all and we were monitoring all acitivities.

If any emulation programmers are not going to aknowledge us as a website and that their emulator makes a big impact on our site, we have no choice but to break our word since I know I said I wouldn't delete that poll. But Magnis had his say on this and I agreed with him.

Therefore, 1Emulation DOES NOT SUPPORT Cassini.

Again we are sorry the poll had to be deleted, there were very good posts in there. If you would like to continue the discussion in our forum, you may in the current affairs.

The Cassini Forums will be removed in 24hrs.

Thank you for participating in the polls if you did. Further information will be said on the Radio Talk Show on Sunday, July 18th, 2004. Be sure to hear about it and the legalites of this emulator and what based this decision even more. I'm sorry it had to end this way for the Cassini Team.

PS: If you have a specific post you'd like to keep in the Cassini Forums, PM me and we'll consider it if it seems legible.

- 1Emulation Staff

Well, even though I voted for Yes, I can understand the admin team's decision. Things like these always sprout controversy so I think this is better considering the future of 1Emulation.Com

Good job GameCop and Magnis.

I'm not going to act like either site is particularly right or wrong. If they want to code illegal emulators, let them. Just don't treat them like their actions are perfectly acceptable, because then they become the norm, and when illegal emulators are the norm, the emulation scene becomes little better than, say, pc warez. Multiple people know i run a site of dubious content, and hold a high position on another. This is my decision to lead the site in that direction, and to support the other site. But we aren't going to attempt to validate ourselves as a legitimate authority on emulation. We know our places, and we will stay there.

For the most part, the point of my post is, i'm glad you're picking a full side. I hear you're attempting to make your site more acceptable by taking down links to illegal matierial, and now you've stopped supporting cassini. As long as this goes along with your desires, i applaud you, gamecop. As i've said, neither side of the legal wall is either right or wrong in my eyes, but as long as you try not to be on both sides, i don't really have a problem with any site. I see you've taken a fully legal side, and i completely support this movement. Its sites that stay on both sides, mixing the two, all the while trying to make it big, that anger me most. The two sides are seperate, and should remain so.

--DarkKnight aka l3illyl3ob

wrong.  If they want to code illegal emulators, let them.  Just don't treat them like their actions are perfectly acceptable, because then they become the norm, and when illegal emulators are the norm

actually there is no right or wrong with emulators, its a very grey area where law is concerned, the only copyrights that exist is that you cannot copy the software, it doesnt actually say it must be run on the original hardware.

with the less mumbo jumbo, i think theyre trying to say its ok as long as you pay for the games like you should, altho i imagine they would prefer you to buy the original system too. but i think they realise that its not very possible to make an emulator run as good as the original system before it is obsolete, so the original hardware will rule the roost as long as it needs to.

The gary area within emulation is the backup roms/isos. Emulators them selves are legal, only if your specified to use it for developer reasons.