Need some answers :)

Keith

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you even understand the whole situation? do you really think Cassini would stop developing just because emulation sites generelly do not support it? if we hate Sega and Saturn then how the hell did this emulator get a homepage on 1emu in the first place?

do you still have your brain left in you? seriously, just shut up. you dont know jack crap, really.

also abandonware is ILLEGAL you idiot.

(no K dash, this isnt directed to you, obviously)

Edited by Xeon

also, at least SupraHLE knows its place. the SupraHLE authors are aware that its a hack. quite frankly the program isnt needed anymore since the UltraHLE source was released a long time ago.

Edited by Xeon

Xeon is correct Abandonware is illegal, sites like the-underdogs contact the original authors requesting permission to distribute the games for free, some say yes, some say no.

I remember when i use to get abandoned amiga games i emails the site author about a game he didnt have and he said "altho the game is no longer on sale the authors do not want me to distribute this game"

and thanatozz, nobody hates the saturn or the emulation, authors of emulators are very respected for their work they have put in, but the Cassini developers didnt make the emulator, at most they merely modified the exe, the emulator was created by the girigiri team so there was no real advancement in the emulation of the system, we're still at square 1.

There are a few saturn emulators out there in development that support quite a few games and are very highly looked upon by the emulation community because they programmed it from scratch, their own work.

The community is not mearly picking on someone because they feel like it.

If sega say everything is ok for them to go ahead with it i will support the efforts at modifying it, as they may actually have the source to work with, but until then i view this as an unauthorised illegal hack.

The fact of the matter is though, that Cassini is out there no matter emulation sites not hosting it. Another hack among others, and emulation fanatics disregard the illegality of it. But that is not 1Emulation's problem.

I never got the chance to try it, but I'm sure it did things better than other Saturn emulators out there.

And yes, just because we talk about the legality of this emulator and ultimately choosing not to host it on this site, doesn't mean we hate Saturn emulation.

EDIT: Edited to make more sense, stupid fingers.

Edited by Agozer

Sorry if I pissed you guys of but this thread pisses me of as well. These guys are finally getting the saturn games on my pc. I just wanna see Saturn emulated, no matter how, and these guys are getting it done. Now I want this project to succeed where others have failed for 10 years. Give them a chance please, I know only good can come from it. If they already modified 40 % of the code (I see no proof they did, or didn't so I'll leave it in the middle) who says they won't eventually modify the rest as well and start it from scratch. So just give it some time, don't beat it into the ground before it has a shot.

Peace

Another question I have been meaning to ask Snail is what does he mean better in this comment to a known emulation developer Runik (Saturnin).

From Snail

Runik.

As a whiney complainer here with nothing to add to the support of the progress of this project, why do you waste peoples time posting? If you truely belive the work being done is worthless, then produce something better, or quit your bitching. We seek helpful people not those trying to thwart our efforts.

-Snail

He mentions producing something better.. better then GiriGiri? From what I can see that kind of comment seems a bit out of place since Snail did not produce GiriGiri.

Also in the history it mentions that Snail has made emulators in the past and helped make others better. I am curious what other types of projects he has worked on and if they were ever made public.

That brings us to my dabbling with the emu.

While I've made several emus and have vastly improved on many,

for the reasons listed above, this emu has been a bear to get any improvements working.

Apparently he is an amazing coder when it comes to assembly, but I am curious why he never started something from scratch that was legit if he has the skills?

Well just a few more questions to add to the others. Hopefully soon we will get some answers from Snail himself.

im sorry for being an a$$ too, but i have to admit that i just hate those kind of replies. you dont have to worry about Cassini's continuity in the first place as they said they will continue, just on a different place.

everybody wants a working Saturn emulator, who doesnt? it is sort of long overdue now, just like CPS3. this case is different however. it is just proper for Gamecop to know the legalities of his sites contents. in a worse case, its his a$$ that can get sued, not ours so please understand.

Xeon is right. Don't want a community board such as this to go under.

The emulator will continue, just not here.

Those who use assembly will be smite by god.

- Book of Coders 3:11

I thought it would be the other way around. ;)

I've alweays had respect for good ASM coders.