anyone want to contribute.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iam with agozer dc++ is far better than torrent.as long as we can locate him.

Well...for one, when the actual translation is done and in a condition that it can be released to the public, a good place would be the Emu-Network's Classic Sega Hub at classicsega.homeunix.com

But it's Purge's decision after all.

DC++ sounds like a good idea, however mind you I run, host, and manage a Ragnarok Online Server and its not fair to shut it down for more than a few days and it runs windows 2003 and ive had trouble making DC load on it. Bit Tornado, however, works great with it. The text patch however I can promise will be small. Audio on the other hand is gonna be somewhat big and video, torrents will have to suffice. The sad truth is though, that someone who owns the game is more likely than not, gonna patch it, though that doesnt mean after its torrented someone cant stick it on DC++. : )

Edited by Purge

iam with agozer dc++ is far better than torrent.as long as we can locate him.

Well...for one, when the actual translation is done and in a condition that it can be released to the public, a good place would be the Emu-Network's Classic Sega Hub at classicsega.homeunix.com

But it's Purge's decision after all.

Classic Sega isn't part of the Emu Network.

You don't have a secondary box that could handle DC++? It's true that shutting down a whole RO server just for that is a bit far fetched. I can handle the torrenting as well....

but I just realize that we're getting ahead of yourselves, not that there's anything wrong with thinking ahead. :D

Edited by Agozer

Nothing wrong with that. And yes I have a laptop that is going in for repairs and my 486 currently running win3.1 as I was attempting to do something for gideon but then kinda.. fell behind on it not to mention I need to get it a new power supply. If you want you can reach me on IM right now, we can catch up and stuff too :D. PKGINGO on AIM if you have it. Goes for anyone that has personal questions they want to ask as well.

I would like to announce I need 2 individual people who own a dreamcast to test the project for BETA TESTING. I have one tester already, though he is VERY helpful, he has other obligations. These testers should:

A) Have their own copy of the game, (100% prefered original game)no anti-piracy checks will be made on the beta test patches, because the game on dreamcast is indeed rare.

B) Have AOL instant messanger to be in contact with me

C) Have a way of submitting photographical content to me

D) Know how to create selfbooting dreamcast images

E) Have a good sense of rhythm and quick eye to watch for subtitles..

Testing Duties will involve:

A) Localization help

B) Script Formatting

C) Voice actor selection (part of A) (if we get any volunteers)

remember just 2 people will be chosen for now. though those who own the game will have a far better chance of being chosen. To apply, email ginji-chan@kawaiipet.net

Edited by Purge

i got 2 questions,when u said making a self boot iso u meant taking the raw files and making them into an iso or taking a non selfboot iso and making it self boot also does the watch code still work even some things were changed.

Edited by double99

watch code works, though in order to test different aspects you may be forced to play poorly. as for making it self boot, be able to transfer the games files to the PC, apply patches/replace certain ones, then get it to burn back to a disc and be able to play it.