different genres

Aolish

in order:

fps's

2d fighters

3d fighters

I used to like rts and have played a few rpgs but I mainly found them boring - except for Daggerfall (and to a lesser extent Morrowind. Morrowind was alot better looking but it was a far smaller game world and there were less things to do, like no real estate or banking, and far less superfluous nudity! That's why the first time around I found plugins for all of those things.)

Sometimes I'll play puzzle games, but i don't really play side-scrollers, beat em ups, etc, that much.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SHUMPS (I think that's the accronym) - R Type, Pulstar, Super Aleste

Futuristic Sports - Hyperblade and another very fav game, Speedball 2

I should've added those to mine. But what exactly is SHUMPS an acronym for?

Quick google search shows that some people say "shumps" but the more correct term is "shmups." A very good site about all shmups is here

I couldn't find what the acronym means, but in old days the genre was called "Shoot 'Em Ups," so I think the accronym is roughly derived from there.

I recently downloaded R-Type Leo for Mame - how awesome is that game! Ah, R-Type...

Another thing...I used to love flight sims, but now I have surprisingly dropped out of them. Too many FPS, I guess.

Shmups = Shoot 'em Ups

R-Type Final owns hardcore.

for some reason, 3rd person mediocre games (like Vigilance and O.D.T.) and oddities (Nerf Arena Blast, it was a fun game by the way) appeal to me. it doesnt mean that i hate truly great games though but my preference will vary from there.

Quick google search shows that some people say "shumps" but the more correct term is "shmups." A very good site about all shmups is here

I couldn't find what the acronym means, but in old days the genre was called "Shoot 'Em Ups," so I think the accronym is roughly derived from there.

I recently downloaded R-Type Leo for Mame - how awesome is that game! Ah, R-Type...

Another thing...I used to love flight sims, but now I have surprisingly dropped out of them. Too many FPS, I guess.

Shmups = Shoot 'em Ups

I actually prefer the Gradius series. Still awaiting Gradius V.

Shmups = Shoot 'em Ups

I actually prefer the Gradius series. Still awaiting Gradius V.

Me too. It's will rock.