Internet security

neo

Hey Guys. WHich is the most reliable internet security software. Feel free to post any links as to where i can get one  :P

you mean like firewall? i use zone alarma and for Ant. Virus i use Mcafee and avg, both are great.

PC Help fourm.

Black ICE Firewall, one of the best firewalls out there, comes in free flavor for slackers.

Sygate Personal Firewall, another kick ass firewall, comes in both free and enterprised flavors.

neo I tried out over 10 diff firewalls and about the same antivirus apps too. I also tried out 95% of the all-in-one suites such as VCOM's system suite, Panda Internet security, System Mechanic, McAfee Internet Security etc etc.

One piece of advice that was given a lot was to keep separate av and firewall programs, usually described as a layered approach. Most of the 'experts' agreed that this was the best strategy.

As for exact software, its personal choice tbh. As i said I experimented with a lot of av/firewall combinations and all-in-ones, but it took me about 6 months to settle on what I wanted.

If u do want the package av/firewall then I liked Panda Internet Security as it was neat, low cpu usage and updated itself sometimes 2-3 times daily, and also McAfees Internet Security package is very comprehensive and easy to use, but slighty heavier on cpu due to it being a larger package.

No amount of software can fix insecure computing habits. This is because security is a set of best practices, not a product which you can install regardless of what the companies hawking "security" software say. For starters:

- Don't use IE.

- Don't click on untrusted attachments.

- Don't install software indiscriminately.

- Turn off all unwanted background services.

No amount of software can fix insecure computing habits. This is because security is a set of best practices, not a product which you can install regardless of what the companies hawking "security" software say. For starters:

- Don't use IE.

- Don't click on untrusted attachments.

- Don't install software indiscriminately.

- Turn off all unwanted background services.

- Use Opera or Mozilla

- Always click no to software instalation requests

- Don't check "Always trust the content of <insert company name here>"

- Don't use mIRC, use IM apps

- Try to use download managers like DAP or FlashGET(which reminds me...)

- Always scan to content of download compressed files twice!

- In general, try to keep your computer safe, it's worth it!

I wanna write an exploit script just annoy the FireFox users.

They will release a patch for it the day you release that. :P

It's the eat-or-be-eaten type of world. :P