The King of Fighters 2000/2001 (in 1 disc set)

Alpha

Regardless of its presentation, The King of Fighters 2000/2001 contains two solid ports of two great 2D fighting games, and the two-disc compilation retails at a very reasonable suggested price of $40. This is definitely a step in the right direction for a company that had previously released most of its games on prohibitively expensive arcade hardware--hardware so expensive that some "fans" feel justified in illegally pirating NeoGeo games rather than purchasing the actual games as they were meant to be played. The King of Fighters 2000/2001 doesn't offer mind-blowing graphics, but if you enjoy good 2D fighting games, it will give you plenty of good, solid gameplay to keep you busy.

»» Watch a Streaming Video Clip (By: GameSpot | Only the first 2 minutes is for KOF)

»» Click Here For [box Shots] By Good ol' GameSpot

Credits: http://gamespot.com

It looks like this was already released. What did you guys think about it? I've never even heard of such a package. Why not 2002/2003? :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell?! This guy just said KOF2000 was the first to introduce strikers, he and Gamespot are now officially morons.

But this is old news I think.

EDIT: And he just said 2000 was the first to have Armor and Counter!

Edited by GryphonKlaw

yeah i grabbed theses a while ago for ps2 and plays nice along with the extras they tossed in. now just gotta wait for the 2002/2003 set coming in the fall i believe :D

also the mslug4/5 set are due around that time

samsho5 for ps2 i believe the japanese version drops this month but could be wrong but i do know kof:mi is due by the end of this month :)

King of Fighters 02/03 is not an xbox exclusive (as the box cover says); its going to ps2 as well and ps2's version comes out 11/02; 11/15 for xbox

dates from ebgames.com

Edited by Prican25

King of Fighters 02/03 is not an xbox exclusive (as the box cover says); its going to ps2 as well and ps2's version comes out 11/02; 11/15 for xbox

dates from ebgames.com

Yes, I know there 'll be a PS2 set too.

Also, there 'll be mslug4 + 5 set for X-Box relased on 2005/01/03.220504_005.jpg

Samurai Spirits Zero - PS2 - 7/29 Japan

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - PS2 - 7/29 Japan (9/14 USA)

Metal Slug 4 & 5 - PS2 & XBOX - 1/03/05 USA

SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom - XBOX - 9/28 USA (9/22 Japan)

i was unable to find a usa date for samurai shodown v for either system since snk hasn't annouced when they'll release it in usa

i should also noted that kof2002 is already out for ps2 in japan but don't know when kof2003 for ps2 will hit japan (lik-sang didn't list it). also svc chaos is already out for ps2 in japan but won't come to usa since now becoming xbox exclusive (same goes for mslug3). also heard a rumor sony turned down the games to come out in usa but oh well :)

Edited by Prican25