XBox isos

someboddy

I'd say newsgroups for new releases.

suprnova.com and irc as an alternative.

not that I'd engage in piracy tho :)

Edited by garageink

Newsgroups, by far - and not just for new releases. There's just as much (if not more) old stuff posted to the Xbox newsgroup than there is new stuff. Plus, news servers are generally a LOT faster than BT peers or people on DC. I always max out my connection on my ISP's news server - that's 325KB/s, night or day, no matter what. I can grab 25GB in 24 hours (in theory, of course :))!

Usenet is better because a file only has to be uploaded once, then everyone can download it. It's a far more speedy and efficient system than any of the alternatives, and it's pretty much a one-stop-source for any kind of files you can think of.

I can grab 25GB in 24 hours (in theory, of course :))!

I've done it. And this was all on BT.

Well, yeah, but the difference is that I could grab that 25GB during ANY 24 hour period. Plus the speed isn't dependent on how popular the file is - everything on Usenet is equally blazing fast. No need to worry about torrent web pages going down, trackers going down, or opening up ports on your firewall.

Plus, uploading on BT kills my downloads and makes web pages non-responsive. I'll never have that problem on the news groups, because there you get to choose when to post (upload) instead of being forced to do it constantly. Most people leech 'till it hurts and never post a thing, but that's okay, because there are more than enough people that do post.

Bigworm: Newsbin Pro or Xnews

That would be because your connection is Asynchronize. It's a common problem found on most connections these days. I assume your on DSL because of it.

Your local video store + Dvd burner

or local video store and fat hdd! <_<

But the problem with Usenet is you have to have good service to begin with. MY ISP's news server sucks. If there is any sort of split across a string of posts my news server will always be missing some of the posts. I can't even usually get a 20 MB file and certainly have no hope in getting a complete file that is 1 GB+.