More CFJ Info + Beta Test feedback.

Edit: 3001 post! Oh yeah, if you don't want to read this, just head over and read the thread @ Mmcafe, but yeah, thats longer, but it gets updated...when someone cares too that is :blink:;;

Edit again: I couldn't find the link to beelzebubble, but beto posted it in the exact same thread. Direct link to his post here

OMG ANOTHER EDIT: Screen shots within screen shots within screen shots within some magazine.

Welcome to the possibly, of being extremely long, Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution Update. Including beta test feed back from IGGEH(Y) and various others over at mmcafe. For reasons, i'm going to use the Japanese terms because well, it saves time on how I type it (reading it at the same time off mmcafe thats why).

Character Updates:

Street Fighter II: Zangif

Warzards: Nool/Null/what ever his named is spelled

Vampires (Dark Stalker Series): ANAKARIS!

Street Fighter Zero(Alpha) Series: Karin

Third Strike(SFIII): Urien!

Systems:

Street Fighter Zero: V-Ism (A.K.A. the actual Custom Combo gauge, not that crappy P-Groove from CVS2), Air Gaurd, Zero Counter, Ukemi(?), Press both Strong Buttons to activate, Original Custom Combos & Super Combos.

Street Figher II: Easiest system, deals alot of damage,

3 punch = jikansaokiagari ("delayed wake up ?")
^- don't know what the hell that is.

Street Fighter III: Thrid Strike: Currently underdebate on how many Super Arts Yun/Chun-Li/Alex/Urien have. Some have confirmed 2 while others say 3. 2 Stocks, could be the only one that can Super Cancel (!). Each Super Art has a different button combonation like in 3s if you turn on "All Super Arts," "Blocking" is in the game (PARRY for the American Term) for this. EX MOVES! w00t!

Vampiers: ES and EX moves. Mentioned to be the Strongest out of the all the characters. Air Gaurd, Chain Combos, Gaurd Cancel,

idô okiagari ("moving wake up"?) + oiuchi kôgeki (hitting the opponent on the ground).
^- Sweet!

Ingrid's Bar:

Ingrid seems to be in C groove : 3 meters, zenden (KOF-like invinsible forward going move), idô okiagari, air guard.
Warzards: Ultimate Counter (Guard Cancel) and Mystic Breaks (Super Combos)

What the infamous Iggy says on various stuff:

Someone thought it would be a good idea to put each game logo on the select screen, and surprisingly enough, it was not.

The Vampire sprites seem quite dull (no joking ?). On the contrary, the Warzard sprites, having not been seen in years (and being CPS3) are extremely good looking. Both Warzard and Alex have lost some frames, the result is quite strange on Alex (Chunli and Yun being CvS2-ish)

To balance their many systems, Vampire characters deal very little damage (the opposite of SF2 characters). They also are extremely quick. Much Felicia and Jedah angst ahead. (Zangi / Jedah = 0:10 ?)

You can use your second character in the first round by pressing 3 kicks.

The gauges carry on to 2nd and 3rd round.

For all systems, normal throws and nagenuke (going out of a normal throw) is made by pressing the 2 weak buttons.

Ingrid seems to be in C groove : 3 meters, zenden (KOF-like invinsible forward going move), idô okiagari, air guard.

Let's hope it's because it's a test, but there are few alternate colors.

Many supercombo couldn't be done (including the MB). It's still unclear wether they are not (yet?) in the game or their commands have been changed. At least, Ingrid's level 3 is not yet implemented, and will be at some point in the future.

Hauzer can be thrown like every other characters. Big damage, big stun gauge damage as well. He is far from weak. His fighting style seems to be Dahlsim-esque : don't let the opponent come near you. He has a good number of wide range moves, a good fireball, down+middle punch = strong antiair, down+strong kick = tail move, long range and big damage, down+strong punch : stomp move, for little pixies like Felicia, Yun or Ingrid.

But then of course, he's huge, he has difficulties to come near the opponent (I'm not sure he's supposed to anyways) and his jump is very low. His Berzerk mystic break (hyper armor) is not in the game (yet?), he has the gust flame (the thing he spits on Demitri on one of the first pics we had) and a rushing forward break.

The Warzards have the Ultimate Counter (guard cancel) and mystic breaks (super combos). Like in Warzard, the Ultimate Counter is everything but ultimate (no invinsibility, the two monster may have trouble if cornered). They get gems to level up, but mystic breaks use one gem (= level down). The screwdriver-like move of Leo or Hauzer's jumping antiair move can be done only when leveluped. Octopi's (Billy Kane-like)anti air seems to be like Chunli's move now (the 3rd strike thingie).

Keeping those characters for a second or third round may be the best idea. Personally, they seem the funnier characters to use (especially the 2 monsters) even if they may be weak. Hauzer and the Octopi (I'll stick to that name until I know how to write "Null") seem to have winning quote as well as the human characters.

Yun has the geneijin.

The BGM are all original, and fixed on each stage (sigh)

More Quoting!
Ingrid is very SNK-ish (and some Capcom fanboys already hate her).

6+middle punch : chûdan (overhead?)

6+middle kick : something like Leona's 6+ kick.

236+P Sunshoot. slow curved projectile, curve changing with the button.

236+K Sunrise : step forward then sommersault. weird.

in air 214+K : Sundive, falls down like Seth in 2000. fall route depends on the button.

623+P : Sun Upper, maybe a counter move

623+K : Sun Lower, same thing, but low.

236236+P : Sun burst, LV1SA. An energy ball that flies forward and explodes on contact.

214214+K : Sunshine, LV2SA. goes forward with many kicks, then finishes with a sommersault. Except for the finish, it looks like Zaki's super.

LV3SA : Sun Octopus, hundreds of baby octopus come out of nowhere and rape her repetadly.

Ugh, no, wait, I'm not sure of the last one.

Anyway, either she has hidden techniques nobody had the time to discover because of Jedah, or she is amongst the weakest characters of the game. Her normal moves are weak, and only one or two of her special are usable... Well, like at the CFA☆ beta, many consider her as a boring character (but at least this time, she's the only one to be boring). But since she hasn't been added to be played with, I'll let the perverts draw their dôjin and stick with, for example, some Zangi love :

the sprites and most of his moves are Zero3-ish. The Screw swallows quite widely, and takes about 1/4th of the life. He doesn't seems to have the larriat (Ugh?) Final Atomic Buster takes 60% of the life. his other super is a ranbu (UGH????). The burning uses the SF2 command. He has too many natural enemies ; so far, it's ザ・Russia (simple 1500 series).

for 3rd characters : the gauge being like in the DC version when you put all the SA, it's quite long, especially for the Aegis Reflector.

(Editor note: --------- <- another post, back to back posting)

The jikan okiagari (delayed wake up?) is quite long, and it's used to prevent Anakaris to do his naraku no ana all day.

Judging by the select screen, someone says there should be 2 more characters by game (if only !)

Yun's moves seem to be like in 3rd, not CvS2. He doesn't seem to be able to summon Yang.

The original combo seem to be just a free cancel, not a bunshin like in Zero (to make it different to Yun's geneijin?)

Most of the super combos of the Zero characters are level 1, but they seem to have a long invincibility window.

SF2 : Ryû/Guile/Vega/Zangief

Maybe : Blanka Balrog Gôki (Gôki is in the game, the question being wether a playable character or not, and if he will be SF2-groove)

Background : Cammy Ken T Hawk Honda Sagat Dahsilm DJ Fei Long Bison (drawings)

SFZero : Guy Sakura Rose Karin

Maybe : Gen R.Mika Rolento J&J

Background : Cody Nash Dan Birdie Adon Eagle Maki Sodom (drawing)

SF3 : Chunli Yun Alex Urien

Maybe : Remy 12 Dudley (no boxers so far, so I'll bet at least on him) Oro Elena Necro Gill

Background : Hugo Sean Makoto Ibuki Yang Q (shadow on a wall)

Warzard : Leo Hauzer Mukuro Null

Maybe : Tao Tabasa kongo (sp?) Blade (by what happenned so far, if we get 6 characters by games, we will have one more player character and one more monster, my bets being on Tao and Blade)

Background : Gigi, Sekmet, Ruan, Vactor. And no, I don't know how to write any of the monsters names. Shut up now.

Vampire : Demitri Felicia Jedah Anakaris

Maybe : Buletta Q Bee Lilith Victor Aulbath Donovan Phobos Pyron Sasquatch (if Q bee or Phobos are in the game, Zangief is even more dead than he already is. Victor wouldn't be a good choice with already 2 monsters being huge and long ranged).

Background : Gallon Zabel Leilei Bishamon Morrigan (drawing)

CFA☆ : Ingrid

Maybe : DD Rook

Maybe = Who we might expect next. Last quote, I swear.
Strongest characters : Ryû, then the whole Vampire cast, lead by Anakaris. The Vampires are nearly unchanged since their game, except the guard cancel which has been toned down, but since it doesn't concern Anakaris, he levelups from weak to strongest. History repeats itself. Jedah and Anakaris are especially blessed when they fight a character with no air guard, something they were not supposed to do when they were created.

Guile is quite strong. No one use the Zero characters, since there's no meaning in practicing original combos on a beta version. SF3 characters seem to have been royally screwed system-wise, and they seem to be quite different from their original selves (=need to re-learn them). Urien is really strong, the others are... ugh. Karin seems to have been toned down a bit also.

Since nobody is used to them, very few people use the Warzard cast, which may be a problem given how strong they seem when used well. Good luck to balance all this, Capcom...

For what it's worth, the select screen is like this :

■■

■■|□□|■■

□□|□□|□□

□□|【  】|□□

□□|□□

□□|□□

■■|■■

□ = character

【  】 = Ingrid (she takes the place of 2 characters, maybe it means we will have someone else to pair her up with, DD?)

Up left : SF2, up : SF3, up right : Vamp, down left = Zero, down right = Warzard. No random.

■ show the logo of each game. They are ugly and shouldn't be there. They are too ugly to have been placed there by someone in his right state of mind, so everybody want to think they are hidding 2 spots for more characters.

And the next one here to insult Anakaris will be flamed until he is drowned in my urine. There are some things that can't be allowed between people of good extraction. And remember, Anakaris was not in MvC2, it was an actually Retsu in a costume.

Stuff that wasn't in the Beta:

Last 2 or 3 Characters

Boss

Midnight Bliss (It is in the game, they haven't finished the MB sprites at the beta)

...Thats it! Pass the Iggy's word on!

I need my aunt there damnit. Damn timezones.

Edited by K`dash

I don't care enough about games to read all that, but congrats on your 3000+ post count!

But I can't believe they are putting the old Darkstalker sprites in the same game with SF3 sprites...lazy bastards.

I don't care enough about games to read all that, but congrats on your 3000+ post count!

But I can't believe they are putting the old Darkstalker sprites in the same game with SF3 sprites...lazy bastards.

What you said + congrats K`dash.

When I get off teh Lazy train, i'll re-edit the post so it's somewhat shorter, and you know, cut those quotes :)

Nice work. I'm very interested to see how this game turns out.\

And to GryphonKlaw , K' etc... how you get 3000+ posts in a lifetime is beyond me.  :D

Because we are rejects that have no social life? :)

And to GryphonKlaw , K' etc... how you get 3000+ posts in a lifetime is beyond me.  :)

I'm still trying to figure that out...there has to be more than just being a loser. It's also insane amounts of boredom at work since that's where the majority of my posts were written.