shoes

Inky

so my 16 year old nephew was just making fun of me for buying 15 dollar walmart shoes. I was trying to explain to him how I grew up skating and into punk so aside from a doc martin fetish. I have never spent more then 40 bucks on shoes. converse all-stars and old skool vans are all I have worn for years outside of work where I wear the aformentioned doc martins. so the question is are you an expensive shoe person or a cheap shoe person? can you go to pay-less and be happy or do you need the latest $150 pair of nikes?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear $10 old school Reebok shoes that I got from the Reebok outlet store. The only shoes I have that are more than $30 are my the dress shoes and the ones I wear to the hospital (a mixture of dress and comfort shoes).

These are my shoes:

60865-t.jpg

I don't wear sneakers, and I can't understand when some people would pay $100+ for them; they certaintly don't LOOK good nor are they cheap (though there are cheap ones).

So I just wear boots or designer type shoes, but I don't pay hundreds for them. Just usually around 35 - 45 dollar range; and boots tend to last longer and it's not too hard to keep them in decent condition.

Yeah, sometimes I go to pay-less or whatever "cheap" stores and I can usually leave the store happy. I can spend around $ 35 - 40 and those boots normally last me 3 - 4 years average -- in decent condition too.

i wear imitation vans that i bought from payless. even converse shoes are too expensive for just sneakers. for my day job, i wear my steel-toe black boots. ive had these for years. they are the same ones that i wear in the mosh pits when i go to the club. they have some teeth stuck in them, but they're still good. they have served me well.

I myself either wear my black and white addidas that I bought more than 3yrs ago, or I wear my 1 yr old combat creepers that I bought from Spookyboutique.

these are the combat creepers

creeper470.jpg

:lol:....idk, I had a lot of money and I didn't know what to do with it so I said, ey, what the hell? (they costed about $96)

anyways, they don't have the platforms on em anymore cause they were hollow and that fuucked everything up, so I took em to a local store where they fix leather boots, etc. The platforms were removed, and I got something with a heal(no, not a high heal) and idk, just something to make em seem more combat like (hell, with the platforms, it looks like the only thing I'd be combating would be one of the spice girls :P )...soo..yeah, an extra $55, but I guess it was kinda worth it because I really do like em and even though they're all worn out and stuff I still wear em

btw, the ones I got are the patent leather ones(the ones that are all shiny)

to answer the question, for now, I'm not thinking of buying anything new to go on my feet :lol:......so for me, it's like....I'll see something that I like and buy it, and make em last a long time. Unlike some ppl who'd rather just buy whatever is new each time they have money and end up spending more than half their pay check on foot wear

Edited by Weirdanzeige

I had to buy shoes this year because my other shoes were too flocked up. The cheapest I found at the time were at 30 euros, so I bought them. Before these, I hadn't bought shoes in years (but I'm pretty sure the last ones were cheap too).