XMAME & PS2 Emulators

Ok, I've been told both ways. That you can use XMAME to play MAME games on your PS2, and I've also heard that you need Linux junk or something to make it work, or that it's a big hassle. I followed the directions on this one site for making a bootable XMAME ISO, but it didn't work when tested. Should I try looking for other info on this or just give up? I don't understand why it wouldn't work, SNES-Station works just fine. :angry:

Ok, I've been told both ways. That you can use XMAME to play MAME games on your PS2, and I've also heard that you need Linux junk or something to make it work, or that it's a big hassle. I followed the directions on this one site for making a bootable XMAME ISO, but it didn't work when tested. Should I try looking for other info on this or just give up? I don't understand why it wouldn't work, SNES-Station works just fine. :D

As far as I know, XMAME is the linux version of MAME. Maybe you need to have linux for PS2 to make it work? You mentioned a site, could you tell us which one?

Anyway, since the PS2 only has 32MB of memory, you won't be able to play the most recent neogeo games.

• 1 month later...
so does XBOX Mame play 60/60 smooth frames without a sound scratch or graphics studder?

I bet that doesn't compare my new PC i'm getting.

You can forget playing some of the 3D games. And yes, the Bill-BOX doesn't compare to new PCs.

Edited by Agozer