Spiderman 2

Gryph

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say Stormbird makes a pritty good point here!! Overall I liked the movie but what I really didn't like was the fact that Spidey was losing his powers bcuz of some psichological thing and not genetical which is bull IMO!!

Psychological problems can be just as serious as genetic problems. <_<

I must say Stormbird makes a pritty good point here!! Overall I liked the movie but what I really didn't like was the fact that Spidey was losing his powers bcuz of some psichological thing and not genetical which is bull IMO!!

If you ever saw the cartoon or the comic book you would know that spidey was losing his powers and then regained him, but the reason he was losing them was cuz he was like evolving or maybe that was another episode, I forgot it was a long time ago.

And stormguy, you must either be some aspiring film director or a really crappy critic.

And stormguy, you must either be some aspiring film director or a really crappy critic. 

Well I'm probably closer to being a crappy critic....I'm no film buff by any means but I do like movies and it's possible there might be some closet apiring film director buried deep in my soul. Anyhoot, all I can say is this film after, in going from the first Spidey movie, is just plain bad. Its one thing if I just thought the movie was bad, but my sister sitting in the seat next to me whispering "God this thing is bad!!! Um.......no.

I'll say this for myself though. I've watched a fair amount of movies, anime etc. and I read alot of reviews on movies, so I've picked up on how critics critique them. This may not always be important. There are times I just want to sit down and watch a movie. Yeah, it may be flawed, but that's not the point. As long as it satisfies your appetite for action, mayhem etc, thats all that matters. But sometimes, when a movie is just plain crap (or close to it) there has to be a reason. The reasons reside 99% in the director, casting, script, lighting, sets and the list goes on. With Spiderman 2, there are so many problems from those aspects (mainly spript and acting) that it affects the overall package. Heck, just the scene transitions themselve were bad for I, not anywhere near an accomplished or competent critic, to notice. I found it extremely difficult to just look past some of these missteps and enjoy the movie. If only that were the case, instead of "God just please get to some action seen or let the movie end!!"

Well, Unlike some of you, I actually enjoyed this movie really much.

As you said it gets kind of boring cause there is a lot of talk in between there. Well, the main reason for that is just for stuff and time wasting. I mean, Spiderman is supposed to lose his powers for a while. Even if you watched the popular cartoon series, Spidey starts to lose his powers by not being able to cling to the wall anymore. I thought the villian was pretty OK but the plot was kind of stupid in my point of view.

Why this movie was made in my opinion is to add a side story. This movie was basically a whole side story to the main story in Spidey 1. If you thought about it, most of the public thought Spiderman 2 was supposed to be Green Goblin/Hobglobin and they put Dr orc instead. So meh. Casting was good and crap like that.

I just watch the movie twice and twice I fall asleep during the long winded talk between May and Parker.

Good insomnia cure :)

Anyway, I would rate this movie above average only. A bit short of Spidey 1.

The death of Doc Ock suck. The return of Green Goblin will suck (since it is only will be the third movie)

Prediction: Spiderman 3 will have Green Goblin and another villian as the bad guys. No Venom, since they will need to introduce the black Spider suit.

Sheesh, seems like they starting to move down Batman's road.