Spiderman 2

Gryph

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys its the GREEN GOBLIN hahah, HObgoblin is some other psycho  dude, which i would like to see as well..but ITS GREEN GOBLIN! harry becomes the new green goblin. sorrie, i jus had to do that...haha :)

Edit Note: you know what, I had a long ass reply written up, but I made a complete mistake. So everyone, disregard what you may have read.

I checked with some online comic geeks, and well, it seems Harry Osborne is referred to as "Green Goblin" just like his father. Carrying on the legacy...

Fu*ck that's gonna suck!! Another Green Goblin... And FU*K to HELL THESE DAMN CENSORS!!!

Anyway, Boomba, I stand corrected. Your check is on its way.

Edited by Captain FuKu

Who knows... but I do know that *every* forum thread I visit with the topic on Spiderman 2, it's always Venom that gets the mention, from 4 year old boys to 70 year old grandpas.

Just get rid of Kirsten Dunst and the film quality will rise tenfold.

Who knows... but I do know that *every* forum thread I visit with the topic on Spiderman 2, it's always Venom that gets the mention, from 4 year old boys to 70 year old grandpas.

u kno how big movies always do so well like batman, and it did even better in batman returns...then they crap the whole franchise by changing bruce wayen in every movie after that.....thats my pet peeve in sequels. when they change the cast drastically in a movie, thats usually a huge downfall...BUT, if there was one person they can change in the movie, it would be mary jane bc i think there are more better actresses out there that can do better...

u kno how big movies always do so well like batman, and it did even better in batman returns...then they crap the whole franchise by changing bruce wayen in every movie after that.....thats my pet peeve in sequels. when they change the cast drastically in a movie, thats usually a huge downfall...BUT, if there was one person they can change in the movie, it would be mary jane bc i think there are more better actresses out there that can do better...

Well Tobey Maguire might not stay as Spiderman throughout the whole thing. Apparantly they want to make 6 Spiderman movies (that means 4 more) and the entire main cast has signed on for the next one. Let's just hope they realize staying with this franchise is big bucks and don't change. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was totally shocked. I'm still left reeling from how this movie was a let down for from the first one. I left the theater thinking what a crappy movie.....now some of you may be surprised by my reaction but let me explain.

The first Spidey movie was fabulous. The plot was solid, the villian was great, and all around it was directed very well. The transition from scenes was also done great. There was a steady progression of events that culminate to a fantastic showdown at the end of the movie. Overall a polished, exciting and enjoyable movie, with superb actors like Maguire and Wilem Dafoe.

I guess I'm just a minority on this. I was sitting in the theater, as excited as anyone to watch the sequal I'd been dying to see!! The first half hour or so of the moive was fine. We see Parker trying to get his life together and stable, having problems at his work etc. That was fine, no problem. But then the movie begins to shift oddly. We start to see his realationship with Mary Jane disintegrate and the reluctant villain Doc Ock emerge. This is where the movie lost me. I'm sitting there like, Holy sh** this movie is turning out to be crap...Oh God please hurry to a scene with some action and explosions!! I found Aunt May to be horrendously annoying. She talks TOO much in the movie. I couldn't stand to hear anyone more of her sappy, long winded conversation with Peter. That scene could have easily been cut in half and the time better used elsewhere. Some of the comical segments in the movie were much welcomed. There were some in the first film, but Raimi uses many more in this installment. Okay, no problem there. So the movie chugs along, and for the life of me, I'm thinking " I just want to movie to end NOW: hurry up and fight Doc Ock and be done with it. The fight at the end wasn't even that great, not as exciting as Spidey's fight with the Goblin. Suffice it to say, virtually all major critics (if that counts for anything) loved the movie and gave it high marks. Roger Ebert stated that he disliked the first Spidey movie but the sequel was the best superhero movie he'd ever seen. I happend to go see this movie with my sister, and periodically, she would whisper to me "man this movie is bad"!! And I'm usually the more positive one!! There are other things in the movie that just didn't work for me. I would probably have to go see it again (when I'm not broke) to remember some other stuff. What's this?? I, Robot surpassed Spidey 2 as the number one movie!!

Don't get me wrong. There are some things that worked in the movie. But overall, it just wan't as polished and seamless as the first Spidey movie. The scenes are not coordinated well, and the transitions between the smaller stories and plots were horrendous. I just couldn't get into the movie. I know that Raimi had to delve in Parker's dilemma's with his school and social life, but that takes so much precedent that it messes up almost everything else. The effects are great, I mean you can't really go wrong their. I think the anti-climatic ending together with the odd villain of Doc Ock just sunk this movie for me. I honestly tried to like this movie aside from some of these problems but from the profoud impact of the first Spidey movie....the sequel is just eye candy that doesn't cut it.