Zsnes Board Hacked.

The official ZSNES board has been hacked, and everything has been taken control of by the hacker.

All admins have had their accounts deleted, and passwords have been changed. As of last confirmation, the hackers have complete control of the site.

The site was hacked the first time this morning, and every member got flooded with emails, some just annoying, others racially insulting. The site was brought back up with a 2-week backup by the administration, and all seemed back to normal, but it was just a matter of time before the hackers regained control, eventually locking out anyone but them from posting.

As of last check, the board is down. boards.zsnes.com simply states "the board is offline." This seems to indicate that the staff has regained control, but there is no idea when this board will be back up. with snes9x.com no longer in existance, and the zsnes board gone, people looking for assistance with snes emulation will be hard pressed to find the information they need.

I'm hoping that someone from there will post here, or send out an email eventually when the site is back up. When I know more information, or when it is back up, I'll post here with that information.

Several of the members are believing it to be an inside job.. From what I can understand, there was an admin demoted recently, and one removed.. I'd been MIA from those boards for a few weeks, kinda like i've been here.. too many boards, not enough time.. so i'm not 100% certain on all the details that let up to this..

damn thats gotta suck. kinda sad too

zsnes was my 2nd emulator. first emulator that i ever used was vgb for gameboy color?.. and you know what rom?? POKEMON!! hahaha.  :P

Hey now.. Pokemon yellow was cool for like... 25 minutes :exact:

I still use my zsnes emulator because my SNES needs a new cable.. the one that runs from the console to the cable line.. i haven't gotten around to getting one yet.. plus my nes box is.. a box.. it doesn't play games =/

so the only things i have working around here is my PC (sometimes), my atari 2600, and my game boy (not color, not advanced, just game boy)

Geezus, I undergoed something similar, not to that extreme though (we never got hacked, but spammed to the extent that I had to load a yesterday forum backup). The only way they probabaly hacked into the forum was an exploit, they A) Were not running the newest version of the BBS; B ) An exploit was found for the newest release of the BBS; C) They brute forced an Admin's password.

This is a shame that this had to happen since the ZSNES board was very popular, I even browsed there quite a few times. :P

Well after browsing other emulation sites, the word has it that one of the admins was demoted to a lower level and secretly before someone created a hidden admin account (not sure if it was him or not). Then an account was used to spam every user and ban all the admins then delete the entire forum. The board then came back up by an older backup (2 weeks old as we know) that seemed to have been loaded by a secret admin as well (no one know's who he was) and it was also deleted later. This is the 2nd time the ZSNES board has been hacked (not for just this one period of time, it happened previously at another period of time as well which they started the entire forum again). Don't quote me on any of this information since really these are rumors, but can very well be the true facts.

Luckily we can trust every admin here on 1Emulation.

After all, I've known every one of them just about from the beginning. :)

Well after browsing other emulation sites, the word has it that one of the admins was demoted to a lower level and secretly before someone created a hidden admin account (not sure if it was him or not). Then an account was used to spam every user and ban all the admins then delete the entire forum. The board then came back up by an older backup (2 weeks old as we know) that seemed to have been loaded by a secret admin as well (no one know's who he was) and it was also deleted later. This is the 2nd time the ZSNES board has been hacked (not for just this one period of time, it happened previously at another period of time as well which they started the entire forum again).  Don't quote me on any of this information since really these are rumors, but can very well be the true facts.

Luckily we can trust every admin here on 1Emulation.

After all, I've known every one of them just about from the beginning. :)

I wasn't from the beginning when you created this.

Emsley and Me! already had 700 posts when I joined.