Baby's Diaper Absorbs Snake Venom

Alpha

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A diaper proved to be a life-saver when a venomous snake bit an Israeli infant, a doctor says.

The 12-month-old baby, who had been playing in the backyard, was rushed to hospital only after his parents noticed fang marks on the diaper and swelling on his bottom while giving him a bath in the evening.

"He had been bitten by a venomous snake," Dr Kobi Assaf of Jerusalem's Hadassah hospital told Israel Radio on Friday. "Luckily, the snake injected its venom into the diaper on coming into contact with it and most of the poison did not penetrate the skin."

Doctors said there was no need to administer an antidote but the baby would remain in hospital for observation.

Poor baby. :lol:

lol, when i first saw this topic i thought it meant..some jerk decided to put snake venom into this kid's diaper

that makes me wonder what ppl thought my judge thread was about when it was closed (seeing as it has 101 views :lol: )

I like the story, the child survived, but i wonder what his parents were doing!! How can you be so careless, I hope it serves as a wake-up call.

lucky for da kid that then snake bit his behind not"you know what"