Online Rpgs

Rag

You...BASTARD!

Hey, I'm not in the official Blizzard WoW beta test... I wish I was. But you can play the beta anyway! There are several groups running their own servers. A group called Stormcraft seems to be the best right now. You just need to download the beta (you can find them on Bittorrent sites like Suprnova) and log onto their servers. Many features are missing that the real Blizzard beta test has because they haven't figured out how to activate eveything yet, but you can still wonder around the world and fight various creatures. If anyone wants me to post a few screen shots I will. It's a beautiful game.

Edited by Thraxen

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend is in the beta, he showed me alot of the world. Pretty damn nice if you ask me. I certainly can't wait for it.

Well I loved the game because it was such a novel thing to run around with all these people and be wacky but it got boring after a year of it. It just go so repetative...and only after I stopped playing did they release an expansion pack with more stuff.

So would you ever go back to one of these games again? Even if you just played hard for a month or two, that's still more playtime than people get out of most games. Think about it... people play a game like Zelda and talk about how great it is while only really playing the game 10-15 hours in most cases. I've spent more time than that on Diablo II in a single day. I personally think the good ones are worth the money.

I've been playing the World of Warcraft demo and it's amazing. The world is HUGE. It took me several hours to run across one of the land masses.

If I were ever to play another MMORPG it would be WoW because it just looks so cool. You lucky bastard...

But I don't really have the time invest (or a good computer for all these next gen ones) in a MMORPG game.

I play Final Fantasy XI, and i hardly think paying $16 ( I have a mule in every major city... Even managed to get a Lv1 character to Jeuno =P) Is a waste...I love the game... And to how ever said, you only pay to be PK'd and talk to moron, then i'm sure you havent' played this game... Pk'n usually happens on free beta RPGs, where little 10 years old kids (no offense to anyone thats 10 ^^)have acces to them... When you get a credit card involved however, there is less of a chance that some idiot ass hole with nothing to lose doesn't screw up your playing experience :lol:

I play Final Fantasy XI, and i hardly think paying $16 ( I have a mule in every major city... Even managed to get a Lv1 character to Jeuno =P) Is a waste...I love the game... And to how ever said, you only pay to be PK'd and talk to moron, then i'm sure you havent' played this game... Pk'n usually happens on free beta RPGs, where little 10 years old kids (no offense to anyone thats 10 ^^)have acces to them...  When you get a credit card involved however, there is less of a chance that some idiot ass hole with nothing to lose doesn't screw up your playing experience :)

You haven't played Ultima Online, have you? :lol:

Well, if you playing crappy beta, or easy to hack games... sure it's gonna blow big time... Just find a well organized Online RPG with Good GMs, good server status, updates and a well educated community and i'm sure you won't mind paying a couple of bucks a month...

(not saying there aren't jerks on ffo, there are believe me... but the nice people make this game fun :lol: )

Well, if you playing crappy beta, or easy to hack games... sure it's gonna blow big time... Just find a well organized Online RPG with Good GMs, good server status, updates and a well educated community and i'm sure you won't mind paying a couple of bucks a month...

(not saying there aren't jerks on ffo, there are believe me... but the nice people make this game fun :lol: )

I already said this...I played Ultima Online, not a beta of some crappy game. Ultima Online was the first organized MMORPG with good GMs, decent server status (not good since Everquest didn't even have good server status), updates atleast 3 times a week, and somewhat educated community (no gaming community is well educated), and I do mind paying a couple of bucks a month for a game that I will stop playing shortly and then it will become useless.

I play Final Fantasy XI, and i hardly think paying $16 ( I have a mule in every major city... Even managed to get a Lv1 character to Jeuno =P) Is a waste...I love the game... And to how ever said, you only pay to be PK'd and talk to moron, then i'm sure you havent' played this game... Pk'n usually happens on free beta RPGs, where little 10 years old kids (no offense to anyone thats 10 ^^)have acces to them...  When you get a credit card involved however, there is less of a chance that some idiot ass hole with nothing to lose doesn't screw up your playing experience :)

What the jesus? Wow, your really fast or..your just lucky. I'm still working on getting my darknight :lol:

Anyways, the game is fun for 5 to 6 months at best. FFXI is so big damnit, i'd rather look at it with my crappy 1.4ghz p4 then battle.