Online Rpgs

Rag

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha wow... you must have gone to school being like "I AM THE GRAND MASTER WARRIOR!!!" and then everyone would stare at you like you were psycho...

Haha! Actually, all during gym class all we talked about was our characters and what we would do when we played again. Even in religion we drew and wrote comics starring our characters. <_<

Wow, thats insane O.o

I don't do that. I just fantasize about my hume female red mage and mithra theif <_<

Wow, thats insane O.o

I don't do that. I just fantasize about my hume female red mage and mithra theif <_>

<_ a textbook final fantasy xi online addict.>

We're talking about a whole year. 12 months of that crap. For the first 9 months I played it hardcore. It took up all my free time. And all my friends were playing it too so it substitued for real contact with them. I just had to become a Grand Master Warrior!! I wouldn't stop! I macro-ed all night long at the training dummies before all those things were banned.

But you are bashing a game for sucking you in. That doesn't make much sense. That is exactly what any game developer wants to do, but MMORPGs are just better at it than most because of their design and online aspect. Admit it, during that time you were hooked.... you loved the game. It's when you let it take over everything that you started to hate the game, but that doesn't change the fact that you got more enjoyment out of it initially than nearly any other game. I know, I was hooked on Diablo II for a good year and half. I finally had to force myself to stop playing, but I still love the game and had lots of good times when I was playing.

I personally plan to play World of Warcraft when it is launched (playing the beta right now). I'm just going to have to limit my play time from the start.

MMORPGs are no more a waste of time than any other game. They are all just entertainment... MMORPGs just have a way of taking over.

[EDIT] As for the monthly cost some of these games charge, you people have to understand that these games rely on fast banks of servers with ungodly amounts of bandwidth. It takes bandwidth measured in terrabytes per month to support these games... and that is NOT cheap. The servers are also responsible for storing everyones characters. They can't be stored locally because then people would be able to hack their character's profiles. You also have to pay a team of people to run the servers so they can get them back up if they crash, protect them from hackers, and produce patches for the game when people figure out various ways to cheat (i.e. like duping items). How Blizzard managed to run Diablo II without a monthly charge is beyond me, but you can't expect them all to be that way... not if you want the game done right.

Edited by Thraxen

well i never like playing pc games , but i remember going onto my friends com while he was in the restroom , so i decided to to " I AM A NAZI" for fun and everyone ran away , it was funny and my friend got pi**ed,haha <_<

We're talking about a whole year. 12 months of that crap. For the first 9 months I played it hardcore. It took up all my free time. And all my friends were playing it too so it substitued for real contact with them. I just had to become a Grand Master Warrior!! I wouldn't stop! I macro-ed all night long at the training dummies before all those things were banned.

But you are bashing a game for sucking you in. That doesn't make much sense. That is exactly what any game developer wants to do, but MMORPGs are just better at it than most because of their design and online aspect. Admit it, during that time you were hooked.... you loved the game. It's when you let it take over everything that you started to hate the game, but that doesn't change the fact that you got more enjoyment out of it initially than nearly any other game. I know, I was hooked on Diablo II for a good year and half. I finally had to force myself to stop playing, but I still love the game and had lots of good times when I was playing.

I personally plan to play World of Warcraft when it is launched (playing the beta right now). I'm just going to have to limit my play time from the start.

MMORPGs are no more a waste of time than any other game. They are all just entertainment... MMORPGs just have a way of taking over.

Well I loved the game because it was such a novel thing to run around with all these people and be wacky but it got boring after a year of it. It just go so repetative...and only after I stopped playing did they release an expansion pack with more stuff.

But yeah...that game grabbed me by the balls and tickled them for. :lol:

I personally plan to play World of Warcraft when it is launched (playing the beta right now).  I'm just going to have to limit my play time from the start.

You...BASTARD!

/jelousy

Well I loved the game because it was such a novel thing to run around with all these people and be wacky but it got boring after a year of it. It just go so repetative...and only after I stopped playing did they release an expansion pack with more stuff.

So would you ever go back to one of these games again? Even if you just played hard for a month or two, that's still more playtime than people get out of most games. Think about it... people play a game like Zelda and talk about how great it is while only really playing the game 10-15 hours in most cases. I've spent more time than that on Diablo II in a single day. I personally think the good ones are worth the money.

I've been playing the World of Warcraft demo and it's amazing. The world is HUGE. It took me several hours to run across one of the land masses.

Edited by Thraxen

I personally plan to play World of Warcraft when it is launched (playing the beta right now).  I'm just going to have to limit my play time from the start.

You...BASTARD!

/jelousy

meh. Mame has 10000 games to play. So ha to you