Capcom Vs. Snk 2 Is Now Playable In Pc!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the answers to most of the ethics mugen follows.

http://www.mugenguild.com/forum/index.php?...y;threadid=6730

This has come up many times in the MUGEN community, and as I recall there was an e-mail sent to capcom that wasn't replied to.

Capcom replied.

SNK never did.

Only one company has ever said they did not want mugen conversions of there characters and that was the company theat made Queen of Hearts. They only told creators not to create from that game. Thus they are not allowed at The Mugen Guild forum.

The hell? :rolleyes:

I should really start reading those threads more thoroughly.

Man, you never cease to prove your seniority and knowledge of the community TDS.

Don't tell him I said this, but you should have loona's place.

All my edits are free to be used and so are my rips. But I surely understand why someone would not want there time simply stolen like that.

I always ask and give credit before I use something someone else took time to show.

When I said "used as their own" I was trying to say that they wanted to use my creation and say that they made it. Then the admin said that anyone can freely do that all they want.

All my edits are free to be used and so are my rips. But I surely understand why someone would not want there time simply stolen like that.

I always ask and give credit before I use something someone else took time to show.

When I said "used as their own" I was trying to say that they wanted to use my creation and say that they made it. Then the admin said that anyone can freely do that all they want.

Wow...such lack of ethics. :rolleyes:

Which site was this?

Makes me wonder... how legal is it to rip a sprite from a copyrighted game and to redistribute it?

Don't assume all there is to a character is simple sprite ripping. It's much more than that.

I never said character creation was something easy, I don't know anything about it and I think it must be pretty hard (or at least time-consuming).

The only thing I said is it's stupid to call "illegal" taking credit for something illegal from the start. It's like saying it's illegal to steal your neighbour's cocaïne.

And about these emails... Unless there is written permission (which would really surprise me) distributing copyrighted material is illegal, reply or not.

There's a little something that bothers me with this kind of credits, the same as with the ripping teams credits. Sure, they do a (sometimes) great, long and tiresome job, but all the really creative part is done by someone else. The real credits should go to the people that made the game or the movie in the first place (here, Capcom). If you want credit so bad, just do your own characters, game or movie. You'll see you'll get much more credit (if you did a good creation, of course).

PS: Ooops, I forgot something. Before it slips out of control, this is my opinion. No need to say it's not the only one possible :(

Edited by taratata

And about these emails... Unless there is written permission (which would really surprise me) distributing copyrighted material is illegal, reply or not.

This is not illegal. It is Fan Art. Just like the wallpapers that are made.

And the term illegal for this game is incorrect as well. I think he meant it was illegal regarding mugen ethics and the rules of this board :(

There's a little something that bothers me with this kind of credits, the same as with the ripping teams credits. Sure, they do a (sometimes) great, long and tiresome job, but all the really creative part is done by someone else. The real credits should go to the people that made the game or the movie in the first place (here, Capcom). If you want credit so bad, just do your own characters, game or movie. You'll see you'll get much more credit (if you did a good creation, of course).

I have never known any mugen creator that did not credit the company they were ripping from. And also that company gets paid for the work. The creator gets nothing for his time. Is it too hard to respect the fact he wanted to share the work? With your logic I can take credit for the Wallpapers in the art section of this forum because most of the work is already done before they are made.

That would be really disrespectful to the person that took the time to make and share it would it not?

Now there are some people like me that think kinda the same way you do. If I make something I want it to be enjoyed by anyone and everyone. I create for myself for my own enjoyment thus I do not care if someone takes works I have made that took me months to make. You can even say you made it yourself it does not effect me. Although I would think someone that would actually do that would be quite low.

Out of respect to the individuals that take there time to do this it is not a big deal to ask for permission and credit that person.

There are not many laws on the net for fanart usually if anyone shows something that they make they risk it being stolen. But these ethics are to try to teach people how to respect different cultures and mindsets. Not everyone thinks like me and I respect there wishes. As I hope others will.

There are not many laws on the net for fanart usually if anyone shows something that they make they risk it being stolen. But these ethics are to try to teach people how to respect different cultures and mindsets. Not everyone thinks like me and I respect there wishes. As I hope others will.
This is the part where you can actually thank that peice of sheit DMCA law.

• 1 month later...

The only Rival Schools character you will probably ever find is Kyosuke because he's been 2D-ized in CvS2. And the only SF3 character done so far is Alex. Dreamcast was emulated a couple of months ago, give the sprite rippers and character makes some time. It's not an easy task.

I think I remember seeing a pic of Kyosuke on www.mgbr.net and you can find a link to Alex somewhere on this forum. Fatal Rose created a topic about it.