Capcom Vs. Snk 2 Is Now Playable In Pc!

Yep this is just a packaged mugen game.

These two creators may leave if they find out it is being linked to in many places.

Warusaki3 and Tin.

Tin already took his stuff down once because of this. He put some of it back up.

Those are the only two authors I recognize.

You can find links to these characters, stages, and screenpacks actual sites at

The Mugen Guild Site

Tin's site is here

and Warasuki3's site is here.

The Mugen Guild site is finally being updated too. The webmaster Nunor has returned, and Valodim the person hosting the site has given Kung Fu Man the pass to help update the site too. I am hosting the pics on my server since the BW was too much for Val's. So if you see any dead links be sure to tell us at the forum. :D

EDIT:

The only thing I am struggling is that don't know how to exit the game, I'll have to force to exit it by using the Tast Manager

Press escape.

Edited by The TeamPlayer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks horrible. Just a paste of some of the alpha 3 characters like Birdie. I thought it would be the perfect copy of CVS2 and here I was downloading it until it got to 63%, and when I tried to resume the next day, the site didn't exist anymore. I'll tell you it was so easy to find, I mean, the file name, "cvs2WB" and you know the rest. Still haven't tried it yet, but I'll probably cancel it. I'll probably get the dreamcast version and play on Chankast. :D

I really suggest you get the DC version. It would be better then this. This IS mugen after all. Not that I hate it or anything, it's just i hate it when sprites aren't just consistant.

This game is illegal!!! It has been in the rules that releasing mugen creations with no permission from the authors is illegal. That screenpack was made by Dr4ch1R'z who has been gone in the mugen scene for years now. The person who made this couldn't possibly contact him and the other creators as well. I just want to tell everyone not to support this since it's an illegal file and should not be shared to the public either.

Edited by Mgbenz

This game is illegal!!! It has been in the rules that releasing mugen creations with no permission from the authors is illegal. That screenpack was made by Dr4ch1R'z who has been gone in the mugen scene for years now. The person who made this couldn't possibly contact him and the other creators as well. I just want to tell everyone not to support this since it's an illegal file and should not be shared to the public either.

Illegal???

Makes me wonder... how legal is it to rip a sprite from a copyrighted game and to redistribute it? I'm pretty sure Capcom never gave them permission to use their sprites in the first place.

That may lack politeness, may be mean, but don't say it's illegal.

It would be illegal anyway, even if the guys who made this gave their permission.

Thats like saying "You [mugen] guys can't use our([insert company here] creations."

I think Mgbenz is trying to say it's disrespectful. I can understand it if someone claimed the whole thing their own but they didn't do a damn thing, but on the other hand Mgbenz hasn't really given much proof except that the supposed person who did this can be the only person to do this. Which is stupid thinking.

Think of it as a comparison.

The sprite rippers have to rip from the game MvC2, which is extremely difficult and lengthy. And then they have to clean up the sprites, compile them, then program the character which is also lengthy.

Then someone like this goes on a website downloads it, sticks it in a game, and takes full credit for it.

Those who create the characters don't take credit for the sprite creation, but they do take credit for the ripping of the sprites and the programming.

Makes me wonder... how legal is it to rip a sprite from a copyrighted game and to redistribute it?

Don't assume all there is to a character is simple sprite ripping. It's much more than that.

This has come up many times in the MUGEN community, and as I recall there was an e-mail sent to capcom that wasn't replied to.

On a side note, I fuk'n hate angelfire. (forgot to change my avatar here)

Edited by Climhazzard

Here are the answers to most of the ethics mugen follows.

http://www.mugenguild.com/forum/index.php?...y;threadid=6730

This has come up many times in the MUGEN community, and as I recall there was an e-mail sent to capcom that wasn't replied to.

Capcom replied.

SNK never did.

Only one company has ever said they did not want mugen conversions of there characters and that was the company theat made Queen of Hearts. They only told creators not to create from that game. Thus they are not allowed at The Mugen Guild forum.

I remember a time when I did a sprite edit and someone said if they could take that and use as their own. I of course said no unless I'm given credit. Then one of the admins said that if I make something and show it then anybody has the right to take it as their own.

I've despised and shortly left the site afterwards.

Edited by Skythe