Xbox Media Player

BIGWORM

I downloaded xbox media player along with a xml wizard. I burned the cdrw according to the tutorial on xbox-scene. Now with the problem...EvoX is reading it as a game and I can only highlight an empty space in Evo X. The guide said that the main file has to be renamed to default.xbe...which is the main file? The config.xml I got from the wizard? I'm just one step away from getting the media player to work. What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

i believe you got the sources instead of the binary which has the default.xbe

i highly suggest you get on irc and connect to an efnet server and the join xbins to get access to their ftp's.

the other option is if you got newsgroup access, they normally make a version everyday and its posted in alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox (just grabbed 6-22 version and love it so far)

indeed you were Prican25, I had downloaded the sources, and not the binary, thus no default.xbe or xml's for that matter. I connected to a pretty big DC Hub and got the binaries from there. all is good now. XBMC is a godsend! I can finally watch Naruto on the tele. Thanks for everyone's help.

I can finally watch Naruto on the tele. Thanks for everyone's help.

Heh.... that's what I use XBMP/XBMC for also (Anime).

Haha, me too. I've been watching all my anime with XBMC. I'm currently watching One Piece until more Naruto comes out.