Ps2 Flip-top Mod

the solderless mods that I know of require a swap anyways so a flip top would do the same thing. either way you'd need swap magic and do a swap everytime you play. if you don't mind that the fliptop works well. thats what I had on my ps2 for about a year before my ps2 died. (NOT related to the flip top or swaping.)

if you have the ps2 hdd, mod chips and boot discs are useless, because the hdd is f*cken full of BIOS updates to reject that type of sh!t. SOo....if you have the hdd, consider the flip top useless

A few friends have flip-tops and tho they say that they are more hassle than a straight chip they do perform pretty well. Main complaints being sometimes multiple boot attempts needed with swap discs and not 100% games playable. I opted for a solder chip myself, professionally fitted, and it works a treat (Messiah). As for solderless chips, the flip-top works as well as, if not better. :)

i heard from a bunch of ppl on irc that solderless mods have killed their ps2 and also those mods only work on certain mods.

the fliptops are a hassle since you swap with swap magic discs and if he game doesn't work with swap magic you need a loader disc for that game that didn't work with swap magic and then double swap.

now mods are tough to install while there are some that cut down the wires to 17 or so still is difficult to install. there is a bunch out there but all do the same which is to allow backups and imports. some mods like dms3 have other options like force ntsc/pal and allow other hdds for emulator use (pgen). and yes dms3 now does allow the sony hdd and other mods have yet to get over but you can always pull out the hdd as someone mentioned.

i personally got a v7 ps2 premodded with messiah 2 pro when it first came out and is still rocking today :) i personaly see no use of the hdd untill more game companys starts supporting it unless i plan to op for hd loader later on when a better version comes out

Edited by Prican25

thanks for your ppls help and the ps2 loader stays intact it just adds a new one

a few extra things i wanna know

1. from what your saying if im NOT gonna solder than egt this correct?

2. is there a site with a compatibility list

3. what second loader are you talking about

im getting this: http://www.playstationmodchip.com/product_...ils.asp?ID=1915

and i checked my ps2 is a 50001

and i dont really care for hassle as long as it works period

Edited by esoteric