Emulators For The X-box

someboddy

First of all, is there a place that lets you download XBoyAdvance?

Now, how do I use that emulator? I don't have a cable, but I have a burner, empty discs, and Nero 5. Do I just burn the emulator and the roms?

First of all, is there a place that lets you download XBoyAdvance?

Yup, IRC

irc.zoite.net / #xboxemu , lots of fserve bots with xboyadvance and other emuls

Now, how do I use that emulator? I don't have a cable, but I have a burner, empty discs, and Nero 5. Do I just burn the emulator and the roms?

Yup, although you may have to edit the.ini file so it can find your roms, but maybe not - it may just work. The filesystem to use for xbox is UDF. I have found Nero (I use nero 6) and PrimoDVD to work. Another way is to use make a.iso with QWIX then burn the ISO with the options - DAO and Finalize disc.

Also - some xbox cannot read CDR media, but CDRW or DVD work OK (I have used DVD+RW and CDRW on my xbox and they work but CDR do not)

Edited by silVa

• 2 weeks later...

also check out #xbins on EFnet. You'll need mIRC(obivously) and an FTP program (preferrably SmartFTP)

1. Connect to the IRC channel

2. Type "/msg xbins !list" and press enter

3. A PM will pop up and tell you what to do from there and how to get on the FTP (which carries ALL!!! the emulators and anything having to do with the words 'modded' and 'xbox')

Enjoy.

Well, I am downloading it now using emule. I just want to know step by step how to use it.

1. Extract the downloaded archive. The newest version of XboyAdvance is v10.

2. The extracted archive will have a few files in that will end up on the root of your disc. default.xbe is the main executable file. Every Xbox game must have a default.xbe on the root of the disc.

3. There will be two folders in your extracted archive: emuskins and gbaroms. Simply copy all your Gameboy/GBC/GB Advance ROMs into the "gbaroms" folder. You can ZIP the games individually to save space. The emulator will read from ZIP archives. You can't have more than 4,096 files in a directory, but subdirectories are supported.

4. Download Qwix and run it. On the left pane of the program window, you'll see Load ISO, Create ISO, Manage Titles on Xbox Hard Drive and Tools. Click on "Create ISO."

5. Under "Source," click the radio button for "Local Folder," then click the button to browse for your emulator. Remember default.xbe will be on the root of the disc, so choose the folder than contains default.xbe.

6. Now just click the "Create ISO" button right below it. Qwix will make the ISO and you can burn it with the program of your choice. (Go to File menu->Burn Image to burn in Nero 5)