What Game Company Would Be Your Dream To Work For?

Gryph

i'd go with uhh..square-enix since they seem to be rich

I think rich is an understatement. They are only a handful of companies that have belted out such quantity of quality games. I tip my hat to Square-Enix even though I'm not much of a console guy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SquareEnix rocks!!! Although Squaresoft Enix's ass before the merging!!

Also I look forward to FF12 which is gonna be on 2 DVD's and for the PC!!!!

For the PC as well? Well, that's...uhhh...weird news. Two DVDs for the PS2 release or the PC release?

For the PC as well? Well, that's...uhhh...weird news. Two DVDs for the PS2 release or the PC release?

Both!! Instead of putting the game on 12 CD's they decided to launch it on 2 DVD's!

Both!! Instead of putting the game on 12 CD's they decided to launch it on 2 DVD's!

That would be the first 2-DVD release for the Playstation 2. Quite fascinating.

rants:

quite frankly Valve isnt as credible to me. i mean, what other games have they actually released other than Half-Life? NONE. not much of a history to look at.

ID...well, theyve done awesome with history, but the future doesnt say much either. ID games were no-brainers in the market (they always sell well, at least theyre good). care to think what happens if ID stops updating their series brand of games?

the wish in itself:

Raven Software. they always take up (ID) engines to far greater heights which always include a decent to kick-ass story-line, fun gameplay and visuals that while revamps can still stand on their own.

id work for either soe (sony online entertainment) or nintendo, because they both need serious help. not that theyd listen to me though. :)

rants:

quite frankly Valve isnt as credible to me. i mean, what other games have they actually released other than Half-Life? NONE. not much of a history to look at.

ID...well, theyve done awesome with history, but the future doesnt say much either. ID games were no-brainers in the market (they always sell well, at least theyre good). care to think what happens if ID stops updating their series brand of games?

the wish in itself:

Raven Software. they always take up (ID) engines to far greater heights which always include a decent to kick-ass story-line, fun gameplay and visuals that while revamps can still stand on their own.

Yeah, I agree with you on Valve. Even though Half-Life was a kick ass game, they need to do more to prove themselves that they aren't one-hit wonders. Half-Life 2 is shaping up pretty well but they will need to do more than just Half-Life and its mods.

And id is going to work on a whole new IP after Doom III comes out so I am very interested in what that will be like. And the thing with id is that they can do whatever the hell they want and will still be awesome. They can make a game about high-heel, pink tutu wearing gay ninjas invading Myanmar armed with nothing but sex toys and it'll still be impressive.

Raven is very awesome but I was really disappointed with Soldier of Fortune 2. Other than that I can't think of a game I haven't enjoyed by them. I've known so many people that haven't witnessed the greatness of Star Trek Elite Force just because its a Star Trek game. And their old school stuff (Heretic, Hexen) rocks too. I can't wait to see what they've done with Quake IV. Oooh I can't wait.

Yeah, I agree with you on Valve. Even though Half-Life was a kick ass game, they need to do more to prove themselves that they aren't one-hit wonders. Half-Life 2 is shaping up pretty well but they will need to do more than just Half-Life and its mods.

i think Valve has proven themselves on the engine development which i think is the most substantial component of their games. but i dunno, Lithtech engines seems to be very flexible as well, but is rarely used by other companies other than themselves (Monolith). i wish Raven would tackle other engines as well (UT2003, Lithtech Jupiter, etc.)

Raven is very awesome but I was really disappointed with Soldier of Fortune 2. Other than that I can't think of a game I haven't enjoyed by them. I've known so many people that haven't witnessed the greatness of Star Trek Elite Force just because its a Star Trek game. And their old school stuff (Heretic, Hexen) rocks too. I can't wait to see what they've done with Quake IV. Oooh I can't wait.

and SOF2 is just a matter of opinion as well. i mean, i dont think it has clans and supporters for nothing? getting Quake 4 to be worked on by Raven Software is a very good idea indeed, so hats off to ID :D

as for the classics, thanks for reminding me, ive been itching to play Take no Prisoners for a while now :)