Neorage Stupidity!

This is a bit of a stupid problem but a problem nether the less. I've got a working version of SSV and Metal Slug 5 for NeorageX EGCG, but how can I get them to show up on the list, rather than having them appeare at the bottom of the list with a (?) next to them?

Thanks!

Whether or not they appear on the gamelist is up to the contents of the P1 rom. I'd be more concerned about them not working at all rather than gamelist entries...

I assume that your using the EGCG you got from my other site.

Mind posting a sample of how you have named the rom files themselves?

They both work 100% fine, just not on the main list.

the metal slug 5 rom I've got are all named "268_xx.rom" (xx being the C1/M1/P1 etc...)

And the SS5 rom are all named "ssv_xx.rom"...

So where can I get these P1 fixes to make them work in Neoragex? I can't find them anywhere?!?!?!

Edited by Last Exile

Ha! If only it was that easy... I redownloaded the roms from ] and the p1 patches from neogames and patched them, but not only are they not on the list now, they don't even work with the NeorageX EGCG I got from Argoza... wtf is going on?!?!?

Why is the compatibility between Neo Geo roms and Emulators so F'ing bad?!?!!?

And why does every link I find here to Neo Geo related stuff fail to deliver anything that works? I am baffled! Is it the rom? Is it the emulator? Is it the patch? Is it all three? Who knows... :)

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Ha! If only it was that easy... I redownloaded the roms from  and the p1 patches from neogames and patched them, but not only are they not on the list now, they don't even work with the NeorageX EGCG I got from Argoza... wtf is going on?!?!?

And why does every link I find here to Neo Geo related stuff fail to deliver anything that works? I am baffled! Is it the rom? Is it the emulator? Is it the patch? Is it all three? Who knows...  :)

lol calm down. damn. :lol: not everything is perfect.. try using kawaks. i think kawaks is lot easier and more user-friendly than neorage..imo :angry:

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Ha! If only it was that easy... I redownloaded the roms from  and the p1 patches from neogames and patched them, but not only are they not on the list now, they don't even work with the NeorageX EGCG I got from Argoza... wtf is going on?!?!?

And why does every link I find here to Neo Geo related stuff fail to deliver anything that works? I am baffled! Is it the rom? Is it the emulator? Is it the patch? Is it all three? Who knows...  :)

lol calm down. damn. :lol: not everything is perfect.. try using kawaks. i think kawaks is lot easier and more user-friendly than neorage..imo :angry:

A lot easier? Sorry, but I beg to differ.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Ha! If only it was that easy... I redownloaded the roms from and the p1 patches from neogames and patched them, but not only are they not on the list now, they don't even work with the NeorageX EGCG I got from Argoza... wtf is going on?!?!?

A lot easier? Sorry, but I beg to differ.

Yeah, judging by the amount of people here asking for loaders or why nothing's showing up does kind of suggest that Kawaks isn't a piece of cake either. Rom hunting is still a biatch whether you're using one emu or the other it seems!

I've tried them all and I've had the most luck with Neorage so far, for some reason Kawaks just won't do anything on my comp.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

The day 1 emulator uses all versions of 1 rom and it's sets is the day I change to it.

The day 1 emulator uses all versions of 1 rom and it's sets is the day I change to it.

Yeah, me too. This whole "different versions don't work in other emulators because of different CRCs/wrong DATs/etc." aggravates me quite a bit

Edited by Agozer