Svc 2 Coming!

I'm kind of torn on this. I like what they did with SVC:Chaos graphically, the retooled sprites are, at least, different from the same old stuff and in many cases much improved (Balrog(US) and Dhalsim come to mind). I also like that they took some risks: Shiki is a cool design, if a poor excecution, Red Arremer and Athena are novel, and they used Mr. Karate, which I would consider lesser-known in the SNK pantheon.

Game play is where it suffers. The power bar system is, in my opinion, one of the poorer variations to come out of SNK, and regular features (like the A+B roll) are ommited. The roster is one of the worst I've seen, with roughly 10 shoto (or might-as-well-be) characters and little else of interest.

Frankly, I'd be happy if the graphical changes for SVC2 were minimal, so long as the gameplay changes are significant. Right now, I think that's most important for the series. While I look forward to graphical advances as much as anyone else (they might "save the genre" even), I'd rather SNKP get a gameplay formula down before they woo current and potential fans with pretty screenshots of a "next-gen" game no one actually wants to play.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everything was perfect. It's just the hitboxes and untested hidden characters completely broke the game.

Sprites were poor quality, but hopefully we can expect better if they use Atomiswave or something. The designs were good though. But I have to agree with everyone else; the characters were poorly chosen (no Alex?) and the balance was way off. I'm actually looking forward to a second one though; it can only be an improvement.

It's a friking Neo-Geo :\

The problem was, this game had badass art style, but poor ass gameplay.

how hard do you guys think for dumping this game? do you think its impossible? ive read a quick information about the system, it stated that the system have a "very good protection against illegal copy and dumping"

how hard do you guys think for dumping this game? do you think its impossible?  ive read a quick information about the system, it stated that the system have a "very good protection against illegal copy and dumping"

There were 2 versions if I recall, the Bootleg version which was the PCB version, the MVS/AES carts didn't come out until a month or 2 after. Like KOF2k3.