I Want A New Comp

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...you need a computer with a real graphics card not Intel Extreme Graphics with shared memory.

So is shared memory bad? Or are you telling me to get a different one with shared memory?

And also, what's the most efficient way to reduce lag?

Edited by LordKanti

Hmm...you need a computer with a real graphics card not Intel Extreme Graphics with shared memory.

So is shared memory bad? Or are you telling me to get a different one with shared memory?

And also, what's the most efficient way to reduce lag?

Shared memory is bad, very bad. Almost all graphics cards now come with a minimum of 128 mb video ram which is not shared. And graphics cards also have a more powerful GPU which will make things MUCH MUCH better.

To reduce lag you'll need a fast internet connection ofcourse. A fast computer also helps but it won't really reduce lag caused by your internet connection, it will just make stuff run faster and look better on your computer.

Emachines ARE crap, and they aren't the best solution for someone with a lack of funds.

The best solution PERIOD is to build your own, you can build something BETTER and CHEAPER than an Emachine.

And nobody who calls themself a gamer would ever buy an Emachine unless they are crazy, you might as well buy another used PC that is 5 years old, cause the parts used in Emachines are about the equivalent to a PC that was built 5 years ago using top of the line parts.

Emachines ARE crap, and they aren't the best solution for someone with a lack of funds.

The best solution PERIOD is to build your own, you can build something BETTER and CHEAPER than an Emachine.

And nobody who calls themself a gamer would ever buy an Emachine unless they are crazy, you might as well buy another used PC that is 5 years old, cause the parts used in Emachines are about the equivalent to a PC that was built 5 years ago using top of the line parts.

Yup, you said it there. I will only build my computers, none of that store bought crap.

But not everyone has the technical know-how on how to build one.

Yup, you said it there. I will only build my computers, none of that store bought crap.

I'm sure it can't be that hard.

I'll go that route then.

Any advice you can give me on that?

I'm sure it can't be that hard.

I'll go that route then.

Any advice you can give me on that?

It's not hard at all once you sit down and just think about it.

The actual assembling is really easy. Just screwing things in place and knowing how to connect things.

The only tricky part is if the computer doesn't work the first time. That's when technical knowledge comes in use when you have to mess with the BIOS. But you can always find answers to your problems online.

The first step is to know your budget and then start shopping. Best place to shop is Newegg. Cheap stuff and cheap shipping (sometimes even free).

follow the connectors ^^

Watch out though :lol:

It's realitivly easy. Just plug everything, apply the thremal tape/paste on the CPU's die and gently place the heat sink onto of it.