I Can Not Fckng Bulieve This

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soccer???? :lol::lol: you all like soccer??? wow i am hispanic and i don't like soccer, the world cup i watch but i'm usually drinking with my friends and we don't really care about the game we just laugh, what i do love is Football!!!! yay!! oh and how the Lakers were demolished by the Pistons hahahahahahahaha.

soccer???? :lol:  :lol:  you all like soccer??? wow i am hispanic and i don't like soccer, the world cup i watch but i'm usually drinking with my friends and we don't really care about the game we just laugh, what i do love is Football!!!! yay!! oh and how the Lakers were demolished by the Pistons hahahahahahahaha.

What's wrong with soccer? It's a damn fun game. Better than American football for sure...

Are you from the south???? i thought you were, if you were from the south you would not have made that statement.

Edited by Texas

Are you from the south???? i thought you were, if you were from the south you would not have made that statement.

I am definitely from the south but I am not your normal southern fellow. I can't stand this place and can't wait to get out.

May I partially hijack this thread?

I use to love soccer, but in the last few years or so, I have grown to hate it, primarily because of all the fake 'dives' that occur in the game, and players feigning injury to get penalties, or to make an opposing player incur a card, and so on. It has really put me off the game I once enjoyed.

Acting is for the movies, the theatre and professional wrestling (not that wrestling is bad, I quite like it lol). Acting is not for sport.

What do you guys think about this?

Also, it is very hard to appreciate soccer in Australia, I believe, because we have a sport that is the total opposite of soccer - Australian Rules Football. It is fast, high scoring, and can be blatantly brutal at times. It is very popular.

May I partially hijack this thread?

I use to love soccer, but in the last few years or so, I have grown to hate it, primarily because of all the fake 'dives' that occur in the game, and players feigning injury to get penalties, or to make an opposing player incur a card, and so on. It has really put me off the game I once enjoyed.

Acting is for the movies, the theatre and professional wrestling (not that wrestling is bad, I quite like it lol). Acting is not for sport.

What do you guys think about this?

Also, it is very hard to appreciate soccer in Australia, I believe, because we have a sport that is the total opposite of soccer - Australian Rules Football. It is fast, high scoring, and can be blatantly brutal at times. It is very popular.

Maybe, but I hate it. In fact I hate every code of football that isn't 'soccer'. Let's see why:

Rugby League: VERY little kicking involved, mainly it involves running a yard, getting tackled, getting up then running again. Only kicks are after the 5th tackle; even then they usually only bunt it.

Rugby Union: Same as league, only more violent

AFL: Same as Rugby league only in shorter shorts. Okay, there's actually a fair bit more kicking involved but still way too much hand contact on the ball

American Football: Very much the same as league, only you can throw FORWARDS as well, making it even less skillfull and even more about running into the other player

These codes should NOT be called football. If anything they should be called 'handball with a little kicking involved'!!! The reason I like soccer is that it is athletic and skillful, it requires people trying to outmanouvre the other person, not just land on top of him.

That said, the recent epidemic of 'dive taking' and 'fake injuries' really does harm the sport, I agree. Such a thing is against the spirit of fair play sports are based on. Besides, though I mock the other codes, it's alot harder to get a foul playing them, THAT'S for sure.