Burning games :(

HappyFishYams

sorry it isnt working for you. you may have one of the older drives i was talking about, or your cd burner is just uncompatable for some reason. :wink: the next step is trying to find another prog that allows bin and cue burning. one that will work with your cd drive. i will look around. :shock:

now, if you want to back up, our make copys of ps games you have, i suggest you use nero. since the other two i mentioned dont work with your drive, this would be the next best choice. when using nero, just pop in you playstation cd and make a cd image, or iso to you hard drive. after that, you just burn the iso to cd, again using nero. you can find how-to's online easy. just run a search on google and a million will come up.

again, sorry it didnt work for you, but dont lose faith in me. :D i am determined to see this problem through if you are. :D

I have faith in ya :wink:. I downloaded suikoden 2, and used fireburner to convert it to iso, and burnt it with diskjuggler and it seems to work fine. Only problem is it's in german, but that's not the burner's fault, lol. I used nero to burn castlevania: symphony of the night which i got from my friend, and i put it in the psx and it doesn't work, but if i use the cd player part of the psx it plays the secret tracks.... also i got epsxe to test it out and that runs the game just fine. I think i probably need a mod-chip. I have a pretty old power replay (it's like a gameshark, goes on the back) that you're suposed to be able to run games with. It ran suikoden 2 fine..... :shock: (i like that one, lol). I'm gonna burn some more of his games and try it out. I got 100 cds from best buy for $30, plus a $20 mail in rebate :D so i'm set for a while. Hey, me! maybe this would be easier if we talked on a chat program thing. I have messenger, icq, and aim if you have any of those. Well anyway, here i go a burning........

Ok..... so i retryed castlevania again and it worked this time. So sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.... I burnt vandal hearts 2 which i got online, and that worked sometimes and sometimes not. Castlevania is skippy though, and vandal hearts screws up right away. I dont know if it's the cd, the burner, or the thing on the back. I should definately get a mod-chip.... new burner would help too. *sigh* my burnt dc games work fine. 'Tiz frustrating. Oh yeah i burnt vandal hearts with cdrwin, but when i sat down on the floor i hit it against my laundry basket, so i don't know if that might be why it's skipping (damn i'm clumsy).

hmm...i guess its a hit and miss sort of deal. if you dont mind possably wasteing a cd, just try it with each cd writer prog til you get a working copy. :D as for a mod chip, you should probably get one. i dont know much about using gameshark or any kind of disk swapping method but since you can get chips for pretty cheap now, its probably a good idea. 8) as for best buy, they always have the best deals (hence the name :D ). i also got a 100 cd spindle for real cheap from them. they rock! :shock: but anyway, its too bad your having all these problems. :( personally, ive never had any trouble, but i guess im just one of the lucky ones. oh, and if you ever want to reach me on chat, i dont have my client installed at the moment but i will soon, so ill let you know when i do. :wink: in the mean time, you are always welcome to reach me by either pm or email. later dude. 8)