Burning games :(

HappyFishYams

Well I thought I knew how, but apparently I don't. I downloaded tactics ogre from a site, and when I open it I get Tactics Ogre.bin and Tactics Ogre.cue. I used winiso to convert it to.iso (it gave me some.wav too) and I burnt it with disk juggler 3. I did my thing with the gameshark thing on the back, and put in a cd and stuff, I know that part works cause I've done it before. I'm assuming I did something wrong with the cd burning. If you could direct me to a faq, or just tell me if you want to, I'd be most appreciative :). Ty.

What's the.cue file? Oh wait you just said that's part of the burning thing, right. Also, it's an old playstation 1 game. I heard someone mention pc isos (or something) so what's that? Could it be one of those?

heres what you do : after installing one of the progs i mentioned, (i recommend fireburner) run it and go to file, and click on import tracks from cuesheet. now, make sure that you have both the cue file and the bin file in the same folder. if you do then just select the cue file and hit open. it will load the bin automatically. then you just write it to cd. easy peasy. :shock:

as for the ps1 game, if when using winiso, it gives you a wave file after you change the bin into an iso, it means the game is a mixed-mode cd. so basically, you cant use winiso for it.

im not sure what you mean by "pc isos". are you talking about a pc game? im lost there. please specify.

if you need more help, im always here. :wink:

If it was possible to be TOO helpful, you would totaly be it, man. I dunno what i meant by the pc iso. i think it was like..... you don't burn it, it stays on the hd, and the emulator reads it like it was a cd??? maybe i'm just making stuff up... well anyway, thanks for the info about the.bin and.cue thing, i'll try it in a minute after i dl fireburner. thanks again.

you don't burn it, it stays on the hd, and the emulator reads it like it was a cd??? maybe i'm just making stuff up...

no no, your not making stuff up. :wink: the emulator epsxe lets you use just an iso on your hd instead of having to have it on a cd. but since its a mixed-mode iso, it wont work. sorry. :shock:

oh, and thank you for the kind words. anytime you need help, just come back. if im not here, we have many other helpful people here to assist you. :D

Alrighty, still more problems (what a suprise). I got fireburner. I open it up and pick the load from cue thing, and it shows three files in the middle box. So i pick burn, and it says continue with test burn using current device configuration? If i say no it goes back and does nothing, if i pick yes it test burns, and ejects the cd. When i put the cd back in, easy cd creator comes up and says hey you got a blank cd, what do you wanna do with it so i hit cancel. I go back to fireburner and..... nothing. It's back where it started. If i pick burn cd, it does a test again and nothing happens. Am i doing something wrong? Well obviously, lol, but what is it :shock:.

I'm gonna try cdrwin quick.

I got fireburner. I open it up and pick the load from cue thing, and it shows three files in the middle box. So i pick burn, and it says continue with test burn using current device configuration?

oops. my bad. :shock: i forgot about that stupid thing that it does. ok this is what you do : go to "configiration" and choose "device options". then go to the bottom to the "other" section. uncheck the box for "test burn". after that everything should work ok. :wink:

I unchecked that a while ago, but it still asks if i want to do a test burn. Maybe i got a weird version, or maybe it's cause i dled a crack for it right away. I'll try redownloading it. Oh and i tried the cdrwin or whatever it is too. I pick record disc, and load cuesheet, and an error comes up that says Error: Invalid CUE SHEET command at line 1. Unable to find or open file. But i checked the file with fireburner for corruption and it said it was ok... I tried another game too and cdrwin said that one had the same error.

Hmm, well i'm looking under capabilities, and they all say no except for CD-R read... does that mean it thinks my cd drive can't burn? This is annoying. I gotta go to class but i want to keep messing with it :shock:. Curse you philosophy, curse you. :wink:

I unchecked that a while ago, but it still asks if i want to do a test burn. Maybe i got a weird version,

i am such a dumb butt. :D i forgot to give you the serial for it. im sorry. by the way, what version are you using? i use v2.1.7 of fireburner. let me know what version you are using and i will send you the serial by pm. :shock:

I pick record disc, and load cuesheet, and an error comes up that says Error: Invalid CUE SHEET command at line 1. Unable to find or open file.

either cdrwin is being a jerk or the person that made the file messed up when making the cue sheet. if you want, open the cue sheet using notepad and copy and paste all the text here and i will see if it is correct. but you really dont need to because im sure we will be able to get firburner working for you. :D

Hmm, well i'm looking under capabilities, and they all say no except for CD-R read... does that mean it thinks my cd drive can't burn?

this is a possability. depending on what type of drive you have it might not be supported by cdrwin. i think it is if you have an older drive, but dont quote me on that. again, dont worry, we'll get fireburner working. :wink:

ps-Check Your PM Box. 8)