Chankast Error

I've been having a strange problem with Chankast. I converted a.nrg of Border Down to a.cdi and tried playing it. I got the game past the boot screen and it froze. So I killed the Chankast process.

Now everytime I try to load a game, even ones that worked before in both 0.1 and 0.2, Chankast goes to the "set time" screen. I set the time and the screen appears again. After setting it the second time, I get into the DC menu and choose to play the game. Then it resets and starts the whole loop over again.

It's not even auto-booting the disc, it just keeps asking for the time to be set. Anyone else have this problem? Deleting the config doesn't help either. Are there some registry keys I might have to delete too or does Chankast not put anything in there?

This is a real pisser considering everything worked earlier today.

Yes, I did that. Actually I think dc_flash.bin was altered in some way. I put the original unmodified one back in the folder and overwrote the old one. Now things work correctly. I have to modifty it to the English BIOS again, but this time I'll store a backup in the folder too. Does dc_flash update itself whenever it is used? If so, maybe killing the process damaged it.

yeah, same problem here... and with the same game.

i was using an.nrg (browser-based self-boot) of border down... crashes at the sega logo and corrupts the bios somehow.

edit: does anyone know what versions of border down work with this emulator?

Edited by ovalprocess

Lol, that.nrg of Border Down was the same one that screwed me over. I changed it to a.cdi and still the same problem.

Supposedly the combo cdi of Border Down and Ikaruga works. But it could be just for 0.1, because the Border Down.nrg was listed as working in 0.1 and I've even seen screenshots to prove it.

I guess it might be a problem that'll be fixed in future Chankast releases. Not much we can do now.