Baed Discs 1 And 2

zhugeliang

i'm not sure if you know this or not but u64x only works from hdd and not from a disc but i guess it still wouldn't be bad to have on a disc for archiving :)

also i noticed you are using a fba-xxx dat from the one i compiled which is older to the latest fba-xxx which aug. 6th i believe. i would say that version would be best but even tho that one needs some tweaks done (mslug4 encrypted gfx is bad, some roms doesn't match mame set) so i really leave that up to you

Edited by Prican25

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting CRC errors and wrong size errors on several ROMs, even after downloading them multiple times. And I still haven't got a neogeo.zip that verifies good in CLRMAMEPRO.

My problem ROM sets are:

2020bb

3countb

bangbedp

bngbeada

bustamov

cthd2003

fatfurspa

jockeygp

kof2001

kof2001b

kof2001h

kof2002

kf2k2pls

kof2k2nd

kof2003f

lastblda

matrim

matrimah

mslug4b

mslug5a

mslug5nd

poknight

nitdnd

nitnd

roboarma

s1945pn

samsho5b

samsho5bf

sngoku3n

sf2turyu1

svcbl

svcplus

Most of these ROMs I have downloaded multiple times, yet I keep getting errors. I really need versions of these files that verify OK with PR's build of FBA-XXX, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding them. I downloaded files from 3 newsgroups, going back to late June (a.b.e.misc,a.b.e.mame,&a.b.e.neogeo), and I'm still coming up empty on error-free versions of these sets.

Anyone who could help out in any way with this, it would be much appreciated. Whenever I do get these files, I'll be able to compile & start posting BAED3 that day.

Which version of FBAXXX are you using... MAME dump or standard? FBAXXX has some errors to begin with. For example, matrimnd has glitched audio in the MAME dump even if you have a perfect set according to the DAT (the drivers are screwed up). 3countb (on your list) does not match the official MAME set in the MAME dump of FBAXXX. I have a perfect MAME 3countb ROM, yet the graphics are glitched in the MAME dump of FBAXXX.... it plays perfectly in MAMEoX.

Anyway, if you are using the MAME version I may be able to help you out with some of those.

Thanks for replying.

The errors I'm talking about are all being reported in ClrMAME Pro, which I'm using to audit the ROMs. I'm not talking about errors during gameplay.

The version of FBA-XXX I'm using is PRican25's build. The DAT file I'm using is named:

FB Alpha v0.2.94.98 (ClrMame Pro).dat