Baed Discs 1 And 2

zhugeliang

hey shasta, any chance you could repost baed 2 soon on alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox? I tried to request it on the efnet channel but they deleted it..I don't understand why..baed 1 is probably the best release i've downloaded this year.. :( maybe I will try to chat with the guy that deleted it.

anyway, I would appreciate it if you could repost them in the near future.

thanks

btw, really really looking forward to your future releases

BAED frickin rules, you wouldn't believe how many hours my family and friends have spent playing these old games that they havent seen in years.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, glad you like it.

#a.b.c.i.x. most likely deleted your request because of bad syntax (they're really touchy about that), or because it's not an official release. 99% of the stuff they post was released by warez groups. My disc was released by me.

They wouldn't be able to find BAED on the private FTPs (or at least I assume that's where their stuff comes from) where they get their official games. Unless members of the channel downloaded it from the newsgroup and held onto the files, they won't have it.

I'll post here when I do repost BAED2, but I'm not sure exactly when it will be, as I'm still using all my upload bandwidth to seed out BAED1 on Bittorrent (and there's still 345 people downloading it!).

Yeah, maybe you're right. There's 20 other people seeding it now, so I guess I can cut it loose.

There are other BAED partial requests on the newsgroup that I have to catch up on anyway.

I'll do a full BAED2 repost soon. I see there's a new XboyAdvance version out, which I'd like to include, but it seems that a lot of people are having problems with it, both with save states not working, and with screwed-up sound on some GBA games. The latest version does have some new GBA optimizations, though, so hopefully a v13 will be released soon with those bugs ironed out.

I'm sure you probably know, but Xboyadvance v13 is out..appears to fix the problems.

Thanks for reposting BAED2 - looking forward to it. I would like to keep it and try to repost it for others but I don't know how safe I feel posting through my ISP, and I don't really want to pay for any news services..are there any other ways?

I'm sure you probably know, but Xboyadvance v13 is out..appears to fix the problems.

Thanks for reposting BAED2 - looking forward to it. I would like to keep it and try to repost it for others but I don't know how safe I feel posting through my ISP, and I don't really want to pay for any news services..are there any other ways?

Ah, damn. I should have checked on XboyAdvance. I already started reposting BAED2. I guess I'll just include an update file with instructions near the end of the post.

As for your news server question, Teranews free service was a good option, but posts from there have had really bad completion lately (and it was never too good to begin with). Don't worry about it, though. I appreciate you wanting to help, but I can handle the repost requests from my pay server. :blink:

• 1 month later...

i think he mentioned that baed 3 was a arcade compilation if my memory serves me correctly. that should be pretty awesome

That's correct.

I wanted to whittle the MAME set down to fit on a DVD by removing all the non-working games. To do this, I actually launched every single title in the full MAME 0.84 set in MAMEoX, and also figured out VM settings for a hundred-and-something games that hadn't yet made it into the vm.txt. Unfortunately, that only got me down to about 6GB. I decided to make it two discs. I got the MAME set down to 3.4GB by pulling out all the CPS1/2/NeoGeo stuff.

So MAME is disc 1 and disc 2 will be FBA-XXX and u64x.

Disc 1 is finished. All I'm looking for right now is a few ROMsets from FBA - bngbeada, bustamov, mslug5a, nitn, nitnd, pnyaan, s1945pn, and svcbl. Oh, and also a uni-bios.rom that doesn't come up with a CRC error using the FBA 0.2.94.98 PR DAT. Then I can make disc 2.

I've been spending most of my time on MAME, and I'm not up on the FBA stuff, so if anyone thinks I should be using a different/better/newer version of FBA-XXX, I'm all ears.