Baed Discs 1 And 2

zhugeliang

this is an absolutely awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us!

I have a question though--I have nearly every complete goodset, so there's little point in me downloading it all again. Would it be possible for you to post an ISO of your discs somewhere with just the emulators and interface? IE, with dummy ROMS folders that we can fill in with our own ROMS?

I debated about downloading your two discs, but my ISP is pretty stingy with the bandwidth so grabbing upwards of 8gig of ROMS I already have doesn't make sense for me...

If this is something you don't have time for, could someone else extract their ISOs, nuke the existing ROMs, save THAT as an ISO and post it somewhere? I imagine there must be people on this board who already have a large number of these ROMs....?

Thanks again--great idea!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to edit my last post, but might as well post a new one.

After reading some of the other threads it appears you plan on releasing discs beyond #1 and #2. GREAT! Piggy-backing on my last post, would you consider doing an interface for all the emulators out there, and leaving the ROM insertion up to the user? I think that way you could have a greater number of systems on one disc.

If you're like me, you've probably found the novelty of having complete goodsets fades with time and you end up playing the same 10-20 games per platform. No sense in having 1000+ games you never play.

Could you make a "best of" compilation for the different platforms? No one is going to agree on which games are "the best", so leaving it up to user discretion might be good...

Just a thought. Please don't view this as whinning. If it's something that interests you, great! If not, ce la vie! :D

I have a question though--I have nearly every complete goodset, so there's little point in me downloading it all again.  Would it be possible for you to post an ISO of your discs somewhere with just the emulators and interface?  IE, with dummy ROMS folders that we can fill in with our own ROMS?

Sure, I can do that. Good idea, and it's really not much work for me, either.

After reading some of the other threads it appears you plan on releasing discs beyond #1 and #2. GREAT! Piggy-backing on my last post, would you consider doing an interface for all the emulators out there, and leaving the ROM insertion up to the user? I think that way you could have a greater number of systems on one disc.

Also easy. Should be no problem.

If you're like me, you've probably found the novelty of having complete goodsets fades with time and you end up playing the same 10-20 games per platform. No sense in having 1000+ games you never play.

Could you make a "best of" compilation for the different platforms

I've thought about that before. I may end up doing something like that. One way to figure out which games to include would be to dig up some old sales figures or something and see which games were the most popular.

Or, hell, with as many games as you can fit on a DVD, I could probably just go through all the systems and pick out every game I've ever even heard of and still not be able to fill up the disc! :)

Prican25, thanks for the tip about the sound problems with Xsnes9x. I hadn't heard about that.

I have a question though--I have nearly every complete goodset, so there's little point in me downloading it all again.  Would it be possible for you to post an ISO of your discs somewhere with just the emulators and interface?  IE, with dummy ROMS folders that we can fill in with our own ROMS?

Sure, I can do that. Good idea, and it's really not much work for me, either.

Also easy. Should be no problem.

Super! Could you give us a heads up when/where you upload a "ROM-less" version with all the working emulators? I'm looking forward to such an interface. Thanks for all the work!

EDIT: You're right about the number of games you can fit on a DVD. I've paired down all the roms I want to use (anywhere from 20 to 60 per platform) and that only fills 2.8 gig!

Edited by ffynnon

Shasta you the man. Must've taken a looong ass time to put these things together. You and Prican are up there kicking some emulated ass. hehe. So how long til we see some Arcade Action? Are you going to be adding the banned roms that are so hard to get hands on? You should talk to Prican about it cuz he owns the FBAXXX emulation. You both keep the good work up :D

Shasta you the man. Must've taken a looong ass time to put these things together. You and Prican are up there kicking some emulated ass. hehe. So how long til we see some Arcade Action? Are you going to be adding the banned roms that are so hard to get hands on? You should talk to Prican about it cuz he owns the FBAXXX emulation. You both keep the good work up :D

I don't have an ETA for the arcade disc yet. I'm kinda confused on some things and still trying to work them out. I posted some questions in this forum, but nobody answered. I'm just gonna keep digging for info, I guess. I'll figure it all out before long, probably. I'd like to include "banned" ROMs, too. My goal is to get as many playable games on the disc as possible. I understand why they do it, but I don't like the idea of witholding support for newer games, especially when they just choose some arbitrary date that's legally meaningless.

As for the ROM-less BAED, I should have it ready very soon. I've got all the latest emulators organized & stuff. Almost there. I was thinking about finding preview pictures for everything, but then I counted the emulators and there were about 40, so I nixed that idea. I'll include the pics for all the systems I've done on BAED discs so far, but I'm too lazy to go looking for pics of the Amstrad CPC and other systems that I never even heard of before emulation. :thumbsup: I'll just comment out the preview pic line in the config file for emus that don't have pics. People can easily add their own pics if they like.

I'll include easy instructions so anyone should be able to put it together.

Edited by ShastaOrange