Capcom Fighting Jam = Pointless

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy Capcom has really F--king crashed and burned the last 5 years. 3rd strike was the last new fighter they came out with and have pretty much done nothing since. Capcom seems to be taking an evironmentally friendly attitude to gaming: reduce, reuse and recycle. SF fans are getting impatient with Capcom with their lack of action or interest in reviving their most successful franchise. We haven't even heard of their even being another new SF which is really killing fans who want to know. Releasing all this mix and match crap just isn't going to cut it. It's very sad.

Edited by DoubleDragon

Yeah, this game isn't going to be all that. Kind of like how KOF Neowave won't be all that much either. I guess both companies have just given up. A real Capcom All Stars game would have a hell of a lot more characters than it does now. I mean...just get the MvC2 select screen, remove all the Marvel characters and fill it with as many Capcom characters as possible. Balance be damned!  :D

To be fait, most of them were pallete swaps ;)

P.S -- 2D fighting died with the Dreamcast! (...I loved my ASCII Arcade stick)

ea has vs marvel on lock

Oh dear god, I can't wait to see the results of this game :D

Umm... doesn't that mean EA has the Marvel game rights, meaning Capcom cannot make any more Marvel lisences?

On CFJam, they need more core characters. Looking at the 44 in CvS2, theres really no reason for them to limit it at 20... they should also get back the classic boss-type characters.

SF2 - Blanka, Vega, Sagat Bison

SF3 - Alex, Dudley, Oro Gill

SFA - Adon, Gen, Birdie Akuma

DS - Morrigan, Anakaris, Rikuo Jedah

RE - ? This game is a weird one... as much as Id like to see its characters, it really doesn't fit at all.

ea has vs marvel on lock

Oh dear god, I can't wait to see the results of this game :D

Umm... doesn't that mean EA has the Marvel game rights, meaning Capcom cannot make any more Marvel lisences?

That's exactly what it means. EA is supposedly making an all new cast of characters for the EA vs Marvel game.

I'm sorry to say this but i'm not very fond of EA. Not that Capcom is the best company, but at least they make playable marvel comics fighters. I can see EA screwing this one up. :D