What Is Your Favorite Comic/cartoon Strip?

Gryph

I don't think this question has been asked before so I have decided to ask it. I didn't make it a poll because there are way too many choices.

So here it goes.

What is your favorite comic and who is your favorite comic artist?

My favorite comic would have to be The Far Side and my favorite cartoonist is The Far Side's creator, Gary Larson. You can't beat that Far Side wit and humor.

I also love Scott Adam's Dilbert and Tom Wilson's Ziggy. Oh yeah, and Calvin and Hobbes owns too.

Ofcourse this question isn't limited to cartoon strips but all comics. I was never really into those Superman, Batman, and other comic books. I never took them seriously and preferred humorous cartoons to super heroes and super villians. Though I did like The League of Extraordinary Gentleman graphic novel by Alan Moore.

I'm sure many of you are avid comic book and graphic novel readers so let's hear what you like.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Man. I like bunch of comics. I recently started reading Hellblazer to know more about John Constantine(because the Hellblazer movie is coming out next year). I don't pay too much attention to the artists. Just to the story.

Other comics i've read and liked:

Spider-Man(9/11 issue was good and I have Spider-Man no.1 in mint condition)

Gen13

Witchblade

Ghost Rider

Elektra

The Sandman

Swamp Thing

The Punisher

Silver Surfer

Godzilla: King of Monsters

Flash

Sleepwalker ( I have 3 1st issue copies, all in very good condition)

I'm only a comic book collecting virgin. I only have about 1500 comics.

Squee! is one of the funniest comics. I love Jhonen Vasquez. :lol:

I also like Batman. I can't remember in what era it was (era=writer), but I loved the one where he goes insane. That is what finally clicked in me that Batman is the greatest; he is human, just like us. Love it

Anon.

One of my friends was crazy for Vasquez. His art style looks so much like Vasquez's now that its bordering copyright infringement. <_<

EDIT: K'Dash, have you seen the trailer for Constantine yet? Why did they have to use Keanu Reeves?

Edited by GryphonKlaw

One of my friends was crazy for Vasquez. His art style looks so much like Vasquez's now that its bordering copyright infringement. :D

EDIT: K'Dash, have you seen the trailer for Constantine yet? Why did they have to use Keanu Reeves?

Man, after reading the comics, they should of used a birtish guy. Although the movie it self look interesting (And the holy shotgun too). I really hope they don't butcher it completely.

As long as Reeves doesn't do any "Matrix" liek acting, i'll be fine.

Dilbert is gospel. Scott Adams is more than a genius, he's a... something more than a genius.

And another nod for Jhonen Vasquez. I love the way his art is angular in places and rounded in other places, and those little moments in JtHM where it looks like a comical version of some of Giger's art direction from Alien.

M A R V E L

"i collect only cosmic being comics"

*nod*

:lol: