Scarey pc problem

emsley

Is emsleys pc screwed  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When iam surfing the web, every now and then my pc just switches "off"

and continues to re boot??????

The xp error report comes up after the re boot and says your computer has revovered from a serious error??

Any one have any ideas or do i need to get the professionals in?

Scarey dairy!! :)

i ha d the same prob once, but with windows me. :) DAMN YOU WINDOWS ME! DAMN YOU TO HELL! sorry, i just hate that os soooo much. anyway, i just reformated my hd. i didnt bother with trying to really fix the prob manually cause i dont keep anything important on my hd, plus i always make cd backups of everything. :) maybe you could try system retore, but i have never used it myself. :D:)

to reformat, all you have to do is pop in the windows cd and follow the instruction they give you. with xp, it should be real easy i think. :)

Considering XP is never ever supposed to crash, a nice format and reinstall sounds like the best option. I like to do it every once in a while anyway to have my computer running nice and super fast again.

same here. i have never had to reformat with xp though, that os is awesome. ive never had 1 problem with it. but on my other pc, i have windows me, so reformatting is a necessity really. :) i do it once every few months. :D

i had the same problem, i solved it y downloading th elatest dirvers for my sound card and gfx card, now that i had ny pc formatted i am getting th eprobs again that´s why i am downloading al the latest druvers again :D

arggggggghhhhhhhhhhh i hate billy the kid :)

If you're PC is just up and restarting on you, like losing power. It could be one of three things. (This is NOT a software problem........not a program or you're Operating System)

A: Faulty power supply (You could check this by using it in another PC, or trying another supply in you're PC)

B: Have you overclocked you're CPU? Temperatures exceeding preset limits for automatic shutdown WILL cause this to happen.

C: You're motherboard or CPU could be faulty, and experiencing problems causing this to happen.

If you're PC is shutting down in the same manner it would if you shut it down via the Start Menu. (But without you telling it to) It could be so many different things it isn't funny.

And I would suggest a low level format, as it could even be possible that a virus has infected the boot sector of you're hard drive. (A low level format would be an FDISK, wiping all partition information...and writing new boot sectors when you create new partition)

When iam surfing the web, every now and then my pc just switches "off"

and continues to re boot??????

The xp error report comes up after the re boot and says your computer has revovered from a serious error??

Any one have any ideas or do i need to get the professionals in?

Scarey dairy!! :)

I dont think I need to say more...

Dam!!!

It could be a virus my browser a few nights ago went in sane any page i

brought up satrted to have a mind of its own scrolling down to the bottom of everypage, when i bought up my favs in the task bar at the top it was just going nuts randomaly clicking anything it could.

I have not got my nortan anti virus updated.

thanks cinder for the possabilaties.

I wish i knew the A-team they would fix it.

Ba would be like "look" fool your power supply sucks and your hard drives courupted like cheif wigum. "Fool" you better belive im serious.

Anyway if i dont fix the problem [which only happens when surfing the net]

Could it lead to worser things.

i need to update my nortan virus checker an do a deep scan as well.

Double dam de doodle!!